- Omicron is causing an unprecedented number of cases and placing severe strain on Virginia’s hospitals, doctors, and nurses.
- Confirmed case growth is slowing or declining in some states and in some regions of Virginia. While promising, difficulties with case ascertainment make these trends difficult to confirm.
- While the Omicron surge is likely to peak statewide soon, case levels will remain high for several weeks after the peak, and rural areas may be affected later.
- Vaccination is the best protection against severe disease, and death. Get vaccinated and boosted when eligible.
- The Governor’s Office has announced its COVID-19 Action Plan.
UVA Biocomplexity Institute Slides.
VDH COVID-19 Surveillance Data Update.
This page updates weekly on Friday at 1:00 PM.