- Case rates are continuing to decline across the Commonwealth, and all regions report a reproductive number (Rₑ) of less than one.
- Most health districts are in decline, though four districts in the Southwest and Southside are still in surge.
- Models forecast a continued reduction in case rates and suggest that daily hospitalizations may have peaked as well.
- Despite the falling case rates, all counties are still reporting “High” community transmission levels. Precautions are still warranted.
- Models suggest that the new BA.2 subvariant of Omicron may become dominant in Virginia in the coming few weeks. This could greatly slow the statewide decline in case rates.
- Studies suggest that BA.2 is not more severe than Omicron, but both are still capable of causing significant illness.
This page updates weekly on Friday at 1:00 PM.