- Case rates remain high, but they are falling quickly across most of the Commonwealth. All regions reported a reproductive number (Rₑ) of less than 0.8, and the statewide Rₑ is less than 0.6.
- Thirty four of thirty five health districts are now in decline. All neighboring states are in decline as well.
- The CDC estimates that the BA.2 Omicron subvariant now makes up about 4% of Virginia’s sequenced cases. Models suggest this variant may become dominant and slow the decline in cases, though another surge is not projected at this time.
- Evidence suggests a three dose vaccine regime is more protective against hospitalization and death than the initial two dose series. It may also offer longer lasting, more durable immunity. Vaccination and boosting remains the best way to protect against serious illness.
- Note that this is an interim report. Models will next be run on 2022-02-16 for release the following Friday.
This page updates weekly on Friday at 1:00 PM.