- For the third week, not a single county or city is experiencing high COVID19 community levels. More than 95% of Virginians reside in localities at low community levels.
- Seventeen localities, with 407,000 residents, are at medium community levels. High-risk individuals in these areas should wear a mask when in indoor public places.
- XBB.1.5 remains the dominant variant. It accounts for an estimated 94% of sequenced cases in HHS Region 3 according to CDC’s Nowcast. There are no exceptional variants on the horizon.
- Models project continued declines in COVID-19 confirmed cases and hospitalizations. Influenza rates are also expected to remain low.
- The COVID-19 modeling and analytics products will transition to an all-threats framework over the coming weeks. Work on COVID-19 will continue. But efforts will expand to include other emerging public health threats.
UVA Biocomplexity Institute Slides.
This page updates weekly on Friday by 5:00 PM.