- COVID-19 metrics suggest an continuing plateau. Models suggest hospitalization rates will remain unchanged until December.
- RSV growth may be easing slightly in the Southeastern states, but is still rising in Virginia. In 2022, Virginia’s RSV peak arrived about a month after the Southeast.
- Flu activity remains low in most of Virginia. Activity is moderate in Northern Virginia.
- Wildfires continue to impact Virginia, causing hazardous air quality and closing a portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Dry conditions are also blamed for a water shortage emergency in the town of Appalachia.
- Due to the holiday, we will not publish a Situation Update next week.
This page updates weekly on Friday by 5:00 PM.
The VDH OEP Weekly Situation Update is produced by the VDH Office of Emergency Preparedness. This update covers ongoing or potential public health and emergency preparedness issues, including COVID-19. This product is intended to enhance situational awareness among the public health, healthcare, and emergency management communities. Some items covered may pose little or no threat to the public at large. These items are included for situational awareness only and do not represent an endorsement of the source or information therein.