Businesses and congregate settings can play an important role in reducing the spread of COVID-19.
- VDH General COVID-19 Recommendations for Businesses Español (PDF) (2p, 249KB)
- Virginia Department of Labor and Industry’s Guidance for Employers to Mitigate the Risk of COVID-19 to Workers
- Template Letter - COVID-19 Outbreak Notification (for businesses and other community settings to communicate with their employees/community during a COVID-19 outbreak)
- Businesses are encouraged to voluntarily report suspected outbreaks of COVID-19 using the VDH online reporting portal.
Congregate Settings and Sector-Specific Resources
A congregate setting is a place where many people reside, meet, or gather in close proximity for a limited or extended period of time. Examples of congregate settings include homeless shelters, group homes, prisons, and detention centers.
The person in charge of any residential or day program, service or facility licensed or operated by any agency of the Commonwealth, school, or summer camp is required to report if they suspect an outbreak. This includes child care facilities, assisted living facilities, correctional or other detention facilities, mental health programs, and other group settings where outbreaks of illness might occur. Suspected outbreaks can be reported directly to the local health department where the facility is located or through VDH’s Suspected Outbreak Reporting Portal.
- Congregate Settings (CDC)
- Homeless Service Sites and in Correctional and Detention Facilities (CDC)
- School and Child Care Settings (VDH)
- Migrant Labor Camps (VDH)
- Long-Term Care Settings (VDH)
- Cleaning, Disinfecting, and Ventilation (CDC)
- Ventilation Best Practices (VDH) (PDF) (3pp, 293KB)
- Common Ventilation Terms (VDH) (PDF) (2pp, 325KB)
- Clean Air in Buildings Challenge (EPA)
- How to Protect Yourself & Others (CDC)
- COVID-19 Hosptial Admission Levels (CDC)
- COVID-19 Signage Toolkit (VDH)
- Guidance for Ending Isolation (VDH) (PDF) (1pp, 134KB)
Page last Reviewed September 27, 2023