Businesses have the option to set their own mask policy. Wondering what mask policy to create for customers and employees at your business?
People who are not yet vaccinated, including children under the age of 12, are still at higher risk of getting COVID-19. People with underlying health conditions that affect their immune system may also be at higher risk of getting COVID-19, even once vaccinated.
At a minimum, strongly encourage any customers who are not yet vaccinated to wear a mask. Customers who are fully vaccinated should also be allowed to wear a mask.
Stay ahead of the COVID-19 trends, and find out if COVID-19 is circulating in your community. When transmission levels are substantial or high in your area, consider requiring masks for all, regardless of vaccination status. For information on employee masking requirements, see the DOLI Final Permanent Standard and the DOLI Final Permanent Standard FAQ.
As COVID-19 continues to spread in communities, please be aware of the risk of visiting different public settings. When deciding whether to go out, consider factors about how COVID-19 spreads in a certain location, including:
- How closely and for how long you will be with other people
- The number of different people you will be with
- How well an area is ventilated, and
- Whether other people will be wearing face coverings or are fully vaccinated.
Your own vaccination status or ability to wear a mask and your risk for developing severe illness from COVID-19 are important to think about as well.
- Fogging Fact Sheet (VDH)
- Ventilation Best Practices (VDH)
- Common Ventilation Terms (VDH)
- Cloth Face Coverings Guidance (CDC)
- Recomendaciones para Empresas (VDH)
- Businesses and COVID-19 FAQ (VDH).
- Businesses and Employers (CDC)
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility (CDC)
- Information about Ventilation (CDC)
- Water Quality in Closed/Reduced-use Buildings (EPA)
- CDC's Resuming Business Toolkit
- CDC's Employer Information for Office Buildings
- CDC's COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence in the Workplace Guide