Under provisions of the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), laboratories must be certified by the Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services (DCLS) to perform microbiological and chemical analysis of drinking water for public water systems in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The Office of Drinking Water (ODW) of the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) has been given primary authority in the Commonwealth of Virginia to oversee the requirements of SDWA. The ODW receives the data that results from the analysis of drinking water samples, and the Lab Admin Group in the ODW is here to assist those certified laboratories with the reporting of analytical results. We will be happy to help you with the reporting program, as well as answer any laboratory related questions and/or concerns that you may have. You may contact us at email@example.com.
General Laboratory Reporting Information
Compliance Monitoring Data Portal
CMDP is an EPA maintained web-based reporting application that gives certified laboratories and public water systems the ability to report sample results and monthly operational data directly to the Virginia Department of Health, Office of Drinking Water (ODW).
ODW is now requiring all lab results be submitted through CMDP.
To Begin Using CMDP
- Identify which type of user credentials best fit your role. Please reference the User Registration Guide.
- Register in EPA's Shared CROMERR Services (SCS) Test site.
- After ODW receives and approves your request from SCS, sign up in CMDP Pre-Production. This is the test environment before moving into CMDP Production.
- Submit a minimum of 3 successful test files that reflect the data types commonly reported by your lab. These are not compliance data. The test files ensure there are no technical issues before moving into the production environment. CMDP offers three method for reporting data, which are listed below.
- Register in EPA's Shared CROMERR Services (SCS) Production site for the role previously identified.
- Once ODW receives and approves your request from SCS, sign up in CMDP Production and begin submitting compliance data.
More Resources for Reporting Compliance Data can be found through the EPA's Zendesk
Training & Resources
- Drinking Water Watch
- Helpful for locating Facility ID's and Sampling Point ID's for Public Water Systems
- CMDP User Manual
- CMDP FAQ's
- Split Fluoride Data Entry
- Quick Guides for XLS/XML Reporting
- Quick Guides for Web Entry Reporting
Laboratories must report all positive Total Coliform and/or E.Coli results, and other contaminants’ results that exceeded their Maximum Contaminant Levels (MCLs) to the appropriate field office’s Alert E-mail within 24 hours
Reporting MPN Results to the Lab Alert
Field Office Contact Information
Map of Public Water System IDs by Field Office Region
List of Public Water System IDs by Field Office Region