Training Exercise Design for Community Partners
Learn the following:
- 8 steps in developing an emergency preparedness exercise
- Steps for developing an After Action Report (AAR)
- Virginia Reporting Requirements for incidents or events that impact public health
Presentation Slides and Workbook
This presentation is downloadable and printable for future reference.
The workbook and situational manual provides information regarding each step of exercise design with graphics, application activities, and helpful checklist and questions to consider.
Target Audience Additional Information
The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) was awarded $9.9 million in funds under the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity (ELC) Cooperative Agreement for the Nursing Home & Long-Term Care Facility Strike Team and Infrastructure Project. This Virginia Long-Term Care Infrastructure Pilot Project (VLIPP) funding will be utilized in nursing homes and long-term care facilities to assist with the ongoing COVID-19 response and to bolster preparedness for emerging infections.
The following Virginia healthcare stakeholders are the subrecipients of these funds and are executing projects from late 2022 through July 2024. Targeted facilities include skilled nursing homes (SNFs), assisted living facilities (ALFs), adult day care centers (ADCCs), as well as programming that will benefit all long-term care facilities.
- Carilion Clinic
- Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS)
- Health Quality Innovators (HQI)
- LeadingAge Virginia
- University of Virginia (UVA)
- Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)
- Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS)
- Virginia Health Care Association-Virginia Center for Assisted Living (VHCA-VCAL)
To review what services that each recipient offers please visit the Virginia LTC Infrastructure Pilot Project Website.
If you believe that your facility can benefit from the services that are provided by the VLIPP stakeholders please contact the Long-Term Care Coordinator Jessica Caggiano at Jessica.Caggiano@vdh.virginia.gov
Previous CBERS Sessions