Hampton Health District
3130 Victoria Boulevard
Hampton, VA 23661
Phone – (757) 727-1172 Ext. 53767
Fax – (757) 727-1185
Peninsula Health District
416 J Clyde Morris Blvd
Newport News, VA 23601
Phone – (757) 594-7906
Fax – (757) 594-8890
COVID-19 Contract Jobs Available
- Registered Nurses/Public Health Nurses- Help combat COVID-19 transmission within your community! Vaccinate and provide education and outreach to patients in the community, homes, offices, and more. Must have a valid RN licensure by state code. May be required to travel across our health district, work evenings, and/or work weekends.
- Data Analyst/Entry- Use vaccination and testing data to measure the impact of our work. Keep the public informed with transparent information and dashboards! Analyze the data to have a complete picture of our COVID-19 response. Applicant should have experience with data analytics and data analytic software.
- Community Health Worker Supr.- Supervise a team of dedicated outreach workers who want to help their community! Don't be stuck behind a desk! work with the public and our partners doing outreach events. Advocate on behalf of your community! give the public a voice in the health department's COVID-19 planning efforts
- Community Health Worker- Don't be stuck behind a desk! work with the community and our partners doing outreach events. Advocate on behalf of your community! give the public a voice in the health department's COVID-19 planning efforts. Help others! connect people with much needed resources during a time of critical need.
- Spanish Interpreter- Work with our community and partners doing outreach events! Mediate cultural and linguistic barriers so we can better serve our community! Assist with projects to engage and educate our community.
- Event Coordinator- Work with partners in the community and the Population Health and Outreach Teams to put on health fairs in the community. Collaborate with partners to attend other relevant events. Assist with possible vaccination and testing clinics in the community.
- HR Recruiter- Assist our HR team in filling much needed positions. Attend job fairs for prospective employees, as needed.
- Recruitment Program Support Tech- Assist our HR team in administrative tasks to support the recruitment of much needed positions.
- Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAI) Epidemiologist- Help combat COVID-19 transmission within your community! conduct surveillance and investigation of covid-19 outbreaks in healthcare and congregate facilities. Analyze and interpret data to determine infection risks to patients and the community. Develop strategies to minimize or remove barriers for best practices.
- Mitigation Specialist- Lead coordination, communication, and education efforts for the community! Serve as a liaison to community partners to provide necessary support through consultations, educational sessions, and resource development. Oversee district efforts focused on outbreak response, education, planning, and communication in specialized settings
- Public Health Investigator- Serve as a consultant and subject matter expert about COVID-19 surveillance, monitoring and investigation in the community. Create data reports for various stakeholders! Ensure surveillance data is collected properly, accurately, and consistently. Provides setting-specific subject matter experience on investigative and analytical epidemiologic activities.
- Containment Operations Manager- Help combat COVID-19 transmission within your community! supervise containment staff to ensure timeliness and quality of work. Oversee contact investigators and contact tracers within the health districts. Establish protocols and procedures for routine administrative functions within the department.
- COVID-19 Case Investigators and Contact Tracers- Contact patients and follow-up on symptoms, close contacts, provide COVID-19 safety and mitigation information.
- Community Engagement Specialist- Work with the Population Health and Outreach Teams to provide education, awareness, and events in the community. Work with Community Based Organizations (CBOs) to provide timely and accurate information, reach underrepresented populations, and information on comprehensive health services.
- Communications Specialist- Work with various forms of media, including TV and radio to provide timely and accurate COVID-19 information. Assist in the operations of social media, identify alternative forms of outreach and awareness in the community.
If interested, send your resume to: email@example.com. These positions are contract positions ONLY.