Despite significant dental workforce shortages, oral health remains an essential need in many Virginia communities. The Delta Dental of Virginia Foundation is committed to addressing these shortfalls with a one-year student loan repayment program designed to help Virginia dentists and dental hygienists in exchange for 12 months of service with a safety-net clinic.
Application Cycle: July 21, 2023 to August 21, 2023.
There is a total of $250,000 in funding available for loan repayments to dental providers.
- A licensed dentist or dental hygienist and be in good standing;
- Working full-time (32 hours per week minimum);
- Have a valid and unrestricted license to practice in Virginia;
Applicants must be a United States Citizen , National, Permanent Resident, hold an immigration visa or be classified as a political refugee as verified by a social security number included in the application. Persons with a temporary or student visa are not eligible.
Must agree to use the Delta Dental funds only to repay qualifying educational loan(s)
Must have qualifying educational loans & show proof
Must show proof of debt reduction
Award cannot exceed total amount owed
- Must completely satisfy any other contractual service obligation
- Must not have any judgement Liens
- Practice in a Dental Health Professional Shortage Area in Virginia (DHPSA)
- Required Documents
- Employer support form
Please send questions to Stacy Davis, Health Workforce Coordinator, by calling (804) 659-3959 or by emailing Stacy Davis or Olivette Burroughs, Statewide Health Workforce Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804-864-7431.