Virginia Medical Reserve Corps volunteers work as public health ambassadors in your community by serving as educators and advocates to create stronger and healthier communities. The VA MRC partners with the Virginia Department of Elections to provide infection prevention support at various polling locations across the state of Virginia during elections.
Our volunteers prepare for their role as Infection Prevention Ambassadors (IPA) for Election Day by:
- Learning about polling location operations and official election regulations
- Reviewing proper PPE donning and doffing procedures
- Understanding how to establish infection prevention protocols for proper cleaning and spacing at polling locations
REQUEST Infection Prevention Ambassadors
If you are an election official and would like to request MRC Infection Prevention Ambassadors for your polling locations, please click HERE to submit your request. Once submitted, a member of the VA MRC coordination team will be in touch with you.
Due to our current vaccination mission, we can not guarantee we will have volunteer capacity to support your location. Requesting as soon as possible will increase our ability to fulfill your request.
VOTE SAFE VIRGINIA
Just as we ensure our volunteers are empowered with knowledge to create stronger and healthier communities, here are a few tips and resources to ensure your voice is heard and your health isn’t compromised as you vote.
SAFE VOTING RESOURCES
- HealthyVoting in Virginia: By Mail, Early Voting, In-Person
- CDC Recommendations for In-person Voting
- CDC Toolkit for Reducing the Spread of COVID-19 During Elections
- Virginia Department of Elections Official Guidance
- VDH Voting Guidelines
Keeping Voters Safe and Healthy!