Student Immunization Status Report
According to Virginia Code § 22.1-271.2 (Immunization requirements), within 30 calendar days after the beginning of each school year, each admitting school official shall file a report with the local health department stating the immunization status of students in his school. The report includes the number of students admitted to school with documentary proof of immunization, the number of students who have been admitted with a medical or religious exemption and the number of students who have been conditionally admitted (see definitions). The report for students entering the sixth grade shall include the number with a booster dose of tetanus, diphtheria, or pertussis containing vaccine within the last five years. Data for MMR, HepB, Tdap vaccines are collected ONLY for sixth grades. The report is submitted by school personnel using the web-based reporting tool at the following site:https://apps.vdh.virginia.gov/SIS/login.aspx. No review of the accuracy of these reports is routinely conducted by VDH.
Definition of Terms
Adequately immunized – means children vaccinated in accordance with the harmonized schedule of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, American Academy of Pediatrics, and American Academy of Family Physicians with vaccines required by the Code of Virginia as shown at the following site: School Requirements
Conditionally admitted – means a student whose immunizations are incomplete, but provides documentary proof of having received at least one dose of the required immunizations, accompanied by a schedule for completion of the required doses within 90 days.
Instruction for Viewing Results of School Survey
- Access the results by clicking on the icon below after reviewing the directions.
- To view data from previous years – select “Search School Report” from the left sidebar; enter the requested information and click on the SEARCH button;
- To view data from the current school year – select either “Schools That Have Not Reported” or “Schools That Have Reported” from the left sidebar, and then choose the School Type (Public or Private),
- For Private schools, choose the County or City;
- For Public Schools, choose the School Division; or
- For either type, choose the Health District.
- Results are displayed immediately (or click the SEARCH button), and may be downloaded to your computer.
- To view selected school reports for the current reporting year, check the boxes of interest and then click the SEARCH button.
For results of SIS for SY 2010-SY 2014, see below.
|SY||Pub KG||Priv KG||Pub 6th||Priv 6th|