- Models are designed to project what could happen based on current trends but do not forecast what will happen. Behavioral responses drive changes in current trends.
- While statewide growth has stabilized, reproduction rate remains above 1.0 statewide and in most regions.
- Weekly incidence in Virginia (12/100K) has stabilized. Nationally, incidence continues to surge (23/100K), particularly in the Midwest states.
- 7 Health Districts are in surge trajectories, and the number in slow growth trajectories increased significantly.
- National and state trends are concerning as we enter the holiday season, heralding colder weather and increased travel.
UVA Biocomplexity Institute Slides.