** Health and safety is a priority of the Virginia Department of Health. Due to COVID-19, you may be able to have a virtual visit with your provider. Contact your local clinic directly to see if you can have a telehealth appointment or another contact-less form of medical care. **
Eighteen (18) qualified health care organizations receive public funds to provide free birth control to eligible patients. In order to qualify, patients must have an income below 250% of the federal poverty level and lack insurance coverage for family planning services. This funding covers all FDA-approved methods of contraception, including the IUD, implant, pill, patch, ring, and shot.
Participating agencies are listed below. Please call ahead to confirm which methods are offered at each site.
- Central Virginia Health Services
- CrossOver Healthcare Ministry
- Daily Planet
- Greater Prince William Community Health Center
- Harrisonburg Community Health Center
- HealthWorks for Northern Virginia
- Mary Washington Healthcare
- Neighborhood Health
- Planned Parenthood South Atlantic
- Rockbridge Area Health Center
- Sinclair Health Clinic
- UVA Health System
- VCU Health System
- Virginia League for Planned Parenthood
- West End Midwifery
- Whole Woman’s Health of Charlottesville
- Whole Woman’s Health and Family Center
If you do not qualify for this program, or there is not a provider near you, you may still access low or no cost birth control at one of the many VDH Title X Family Planning Clinics.
Use the tool below to find a Title X Family Planning Clinic near you and call to make your appointment!
Have you received care at a Virginia Title X clinic? We'd love to hear about your family planning experience!
Click here to provide feedback: Family Planning Feedback Survey.