|Home||About Us||VA-SORH Projects||State & Federal Programs||Workforce Incentive Programs||Rural Resources|
Resources for Virginia Rural Health Clinics (RHCs):
Rural Health Clinics improve access to primary health care in rural, underserved communities; and, promote a collaborative model of health care delivery using physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants. Federally certified RHCs are primary care practices that use a particular practice model and are reimbursed in a special way by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and state Medicaid programs.
The VA-SORH website now has a page dedicated to providing you guidance and resources on the CMS Rural Health Clinic program. We are working to provide you up to date information relating to the RHC program and hope you find this page easy to navigate.mFor a comprehensive list of Rural Health Clinic (RHC) information and resources, click here.
The VDH Office of Health Equity (OHE) has created a HPSA 101 video designed to describe and explain the process of placing shortage areas in Virginia. The full-length video is 15 minutes long, for your convenience we have broken the video into 5 shorter sections; Intro 101, Designations 101, Scoring 101, Nuances 101, and Role of the PCO 101.
To access the HPSA 101 videos, click here.
VDH Health Equity Data
The Division of Social Epidemiology provides data management, research and analytical support to the Office of Health Equity, Virginia Department of Health and external stakeholders.
To access Health Equity Data, click here.
Grant Funding Opportunities:
- Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub)
- Health Resources & Services Administration
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- USDA Rural Development
- National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH)
- National Rural Health Association (NRHA)
- Virginia Rural Health Association (VRHA)
- Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association (VHHA)
- Rural Health Research Gateway
- Community Health Needs Assessment and Mapping Generator
- Walsh Center for Rural Health Analysis
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation