Important Message from the State Office of Rural Health:
- VDH COVID-19 Testing Sites Map
- VDH Updated Guidance on Testing for COVID-19 (Updated 12/14/2020)
- VDH COVID-19 Vaccination Response
- COVID-19 Vaccine Phase by Health District
- Find out which phase of the vaccination campaign you fall in
- Contact your Local Health District
Virginia State Office of Rural Health
The Virginia State Office of Rural Health (VA-SORH) was established in 1991 to create, fund and support quality and sustainable rural healthcare infrastructure. VA-SORH is a designated, federally funded office by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP). The purpose and mission of VA-SORH is to address and rectify health disparities affecting the state’s rural residents. For nearly 30 years, VA-SORH has provided funding funding that connects small rural communities with state and federal resources with the goal of developing long-term solutions to address the root causes of rural health disparities.
VA-SORH is dedicated to:
- Fostering collaboration and leveraging resources across and within various levels of government, communities, and non-profit organizations
- Collecting and disseminating information to stakeholders
- Providing technical assistance
- Assisting the coordination of rural health interests statewide through assessment and planning efforts
- Supporting efforts to improve recruitment and retention of health professionals in rural areas
Are you “rural”?: Rural Health Defined
For any questions and concerns regarding statewide COVID-19 testing, vaccination offerings, vaccination sites, please redirect your search to https://vaccinate.virginia.gov/ for updates. Any COVID-19 related calls will be redirected to the VDH website.
Stay informed about Virginia rural health issues and important updates from our community partners by “liking” us on Facebook!