We are a training, technical assistance, and policy development program, and are not a crisis intervention service based program.
Our program works to:
- Collect and explain injury and violence data
- Identify and address risk and protective factors that lead to injuries and violence,
- Fund programs and activities to prevent overdose, suicide, adverse childhood experiences (ACEs), and more,
- Work with partners to raise awareness,
- Train the workforce to address critical topics of injury and violence prevention, and
- Provide Virginians with the knowledge protect themselves, their families and communities
We aim to prevent unintentional injuries and violence, and to reduce their consequences for all Virginians.