We are a training, technical assistance, and policy development program, and are not a crisis intervention service based program.
As a leading authority in Virginia, the VDH Injury and Violence Prevention Program protects Virginians by :
- Tracking data and trends on fatal and nonfatal injuries,
- Identifying and addressing risk and protective factors that lead to injuries and violence,
- Funding programs and activities to prevent overdose, suicide, adverse childhood experiences (ACEs), and more,
- Working with partners to raise awareness,
- Equipping the workforce to address critical topics of injury and violence prevention, and
- Providing Virginians with the knowledge protect themselves, their families and communities