THANK YOU for joining the Virginia Medical Reserve Corps and your local MRC unit!
This internal web page serves to provide you with on-boarding information you need as a new volunteer to support Virginia’s COVID-19 response efforts.
All new MRC volunteers are required to complete a new volunteer orientation training before they can be considered deployable. Look below to find which orientation you should attend based on your MRC unit.
Unit specific orientations:
EVERYONE ELSE should complete the State Orientation via the option below:
RECORDED STATE ORIENTATION
Don’t wait for the next LIVE event, complete your orientation TODAY and become one step closer to being a deployable volunteer.
Start Training: Watch the RECORDED STATE ORIENTATION now!
Training Duration: 90 minutes
Presentation Slides: To download, CLICK HERE.
Attendance: You are responsible for reporting your attendance, CLICK HERE to get started.
RESOURCES REFERENCED IN ORIENTATION
VA MRC Documents:
- MRC Unit Coordinator Map & Contact Info
- VA MRC HIPAA and Liability Acknowledgement
- TRAIN: Logging In, Resetting Password, recommended Course IDs
Remember: if you are an approved volunteer, do NOT create a TRAIN account. One will be automatically created for you by the system. To log in for the first time, use the email address you registered with to reset your password.
- COVID-19 in Virginia Data & Resources
MRC Unit Handbooks:
- Alexandria MRC Unit Volunteer Handbook (2020)
- Chesapeake MRC Unit Volunteer Handbook (March 2018)
- Chesterfield MRC Unit Volunteer Handbook (2020)
- Fairfax MRC Unit Volunteer Handbook (version 2)
- Greater Richmond MRC Unit Volunteer Handbook (2022)
- Loudoun County MRC Unit Handbook (2023)
- Near Southwest MRC Unit Volunteer Handbook (April 2017)
- Northwest MRC Unit Volunteer Handbook (Dec 2019)
- South Central MRC Unit Volunteer Handbook (2020)
- Southwest MRC Unit Volunteer Handbook (April 2020)
If you have any questions about training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.