To protect the health and safety of our participants and staff, Prince William WIC Offices will be closed to the public but will continue to provide services.
Please stay at home
- All WIC appointments or benefits changes will be completed by phone
- We will call you at your scheduled appointment time
- If you need to update your phone number or benefits please email us at email@example.com
- If you would like to apply for the first time please complete an online application https://www.myvawic.org/
WIC provides Federal grants to States for supplemental food, health care referrals and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding and non-breastfeeding postpartum women; and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk. WIC is effective in improving the health of pregnant women, new mothers and their infants. Studies have shown that each WIC dollar spent on prenatal care can save up to three dollars in Medicaid costs for mothers and infants in the first 60 days after birth.
Who Is Eligible for WIC?
To be eligible, you must be pregnant, breastfeeding, have just had a baby or be a child under the age of five.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Must live in Virginia.
- Must meet income guidelines based on family size and family gross earnings.
- A person who participates in certain other benefit programs such as Medicaid or Food Stamp Programs, automatically meets the income eligibility requirement. Please refer to the WIC Eligibility Requirements.
- Must have a medical/nutritional need as determined by a health professional at time of appointment.
To Apply for WIC:
All WIC services are by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please call 703-792-7319 and leave a message during clinic hours. Your call will be returned as soon as possible.
For additional information on the Virginia WIC Program, please click here.
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/wic/usda-nondiscrimination-statement/