The Guidelines for Healthcare Procedures in Schools, 2017 edition, present current, practical health information and recommendations for the development of local programs and policies related to health care services for students with special health care needs.
The Table of Content provides hyperlink access to the Guidelines content.
Virginia School Health Guidelines (1999 edition)
Update coming soon.
School Health Programs
- The Components of a School Health Program
- Developing a Program: Infrastructure and the Planning Process
- Parent and Community Involvement
School Health Services
- Conducting Health Assessments
- Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT) and Medicaid/CMSIP
- Implementing Special Education: Students With Special Needs
- General Guidelines for Administering Medication in School
- Recognition and Treatment of Anaphylaxis in the School Setting Guidelines (December 2013)
- Infectious Disease Control
- Other School Health Services
- Health Education
- Eating Disorders Awareness in the Public School Setting Guidelines (June 2013)
- Healthful Environment
- Appendix A: Authorizations and Miscellaneous
- Code of Virginia
- Superintendent's Memos and etc.
- Appendix B: First Aid Guide for School Emergencies
- Appendix C: Universal Precautions and Infectious Diseases
- Appendix D: Required Forms
- Appendix E: Sample Forms
First Aid Guide for Child Care and School Emergencies
This flipchart is a quick reference guide for administering emergency care to an injured or ill individual. It contains practical, step-by-step instructions that describe what to do when caring for an injured or ill person. It replaces a previous edition published in 2003.
- School Health Services Website
- VDOE Support - School Health Information
- CPR/AHA Resources
- Self-Evaluation School Nurse (Registered Nurse) Self-Evaluation Form