Guidelines for Healthcare Procedures in Schools
The Guidelines for Healthcare Procedures in Schools, 2017 edition, present current, practical health information and recommendations for the development of local programs and policies related to health care services for students with special health care needs.
The Table of Content provides hyperlink access to the Guidelines content.
First Aid Guide for Child Care and School Emergencies
This flipchart is a quick reference guide for administering emergency care to an injured or ill individual. It contains practical, step-by-step instructions that describe what to do when caring for an injured or ill person. It replaces a previous edition published in 2003.
- Virginia Department of Health- Healthy Back to School
- VDOE School Health Services Website
- VDH Adolescent Health Youth Advisors
- VDOE Support - School Health Information
- CPR/AHA Resources
- Communicable Disease Chart | Spanish Communicable Disease Chart
- Anaphylaxis in the School Setting
- VDH Pharmacy for k-12 Schools Website: Standing Order for Undesignated Stock Epinephrine, Ordering medication for undesignated stock
- VDH Naloxone Website
School Nurse Resources:
- Hearing and Vision Screening Resource
- School Nurse Checklist
- 2023 Adolescent Vaccine Consent Form | English VDH Use Only
- 2023 Adolescent Vaccine Consent Form | Spanish VDH Use Only
- School Health Activity Chart (NEW!)