VDH TCP Newsletter
Subscribe to receive VDH TCP Newsletters by emailing us at TobaccoControl@vdh.virginia.gov or by selecting the most recent newsletter from the list below and scrolling to the bottom where you will find a prompt to enter your email address and subscribe.
- February 2024 Newsletter
- January 2024 Newsletter
- December 2023 Newsletter
- November 2023 Newsletter
- October 2023 Newsletter
- September 2023 Newsletter
- August 2023 Newsletter
- July 2023 Newsletter
- June 2023 Newsletter
- May 2023 Newsletter
- April 2023 Newsletter
- March 2023 Newsletter
Tobacco Free Tuesdays (TFT) Webinar Series
Subscribe to receive TFT webinar invitations by sending us an email at TobaccoControl@vdh.virginia.gov.
- View past recordings on the Tobacco Free Alliance of Virginia Youtube Page: TobaccoFree AllianceVA – YouTube
Brochures and Handbooks
- Material Order Form
- Quit Now Brochure English | Spanish
- Secondhand Smoke and You | Humo de Segunda Mano, Lo Que Significa Para Usted
- Is That Tobacco Worth Your Smile
- Thirdhand Smoke Fact Sheet English | Spanish
- Pregnancy and Smoking Fact Sheet
- Breastfeeding and Smoking Fact Sheet
- Smoking and Pregnancy Poster English | Spanish
- Breastfeeding and Tobacco Infographic
- Virginia Adult Tobacco Survey 2016-2017 Snapshot
- PRAMS: Smoked Before Pregnancy
- **NEW**2023 Great American Smokeout Flyer
- Behavioral Health Survey Results Infographic
- Behavioral Health Cessation Brochure
- Behavioral Health Providers Guide
Silver Sneakers – A health and fitness program for seniors that’s included in many Medicare plans!
Walk With Ease – Arthritis Awareness
Support for Smoke Free Air
Vaping – School and Community Resources:
New information will be provided for this section periodically to ensure that relevant and the most recent information is available for review and utilization.
- **NEW** Tobacco Free Community Coalition (TFCC) Toolkit and TFCC Toolkit Infographic
- E-Cigarettes Shaped like USB Flash Drives
- E-Cigarettes What’s the Bottom Line?
- Surgeon General’s E-Cigarettes Tip Sheet for Parents
- Teachers and Parents that USB Stick might be an E-Cigarette
- What is in E-Cigarette Aerosol
- What is a JUUL?
- What You Need to Know and How to Talk to Your Kids About Vaping
- Parents Against Vaping E-cigarettes (PAVe)
- Live Vape Free Business Card
- Live Vape Free half-page flyer
- Tobacco Control Policy Tool – This tool will help you look at projections on the effects of raising cigarette taxes, smoke-free air laws, minimum age of legal access, and increasing the level of tobacco control program expenditures, provide a few pieces of information and get projection outcomes for policy actions in Virginia. Whether you are a health care professional or an interested member of the public, if you are interested in tobacco policy, this tool is for you.
- Action on Smoking & Health – Information on smoking and passive smoking issues.
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Americans for Nonsmokers’ Rights – Smoke free materials, protecting yourself, and resources for workplace and community efforts
- American Lung Association
- CDC Office on Smoking and Health
- CDC Electronic Cigarettes Infographic
- Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids | Fact Sheets
- Environmental Protection Agency – Federal agency with focus on secondhand smoke issue.
- Food and Drug Administration Federal agency working to gain regulatory control over nicotine and tobacco products.
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD Smoke free Public Housing)
- HUD Poster English | HUD Poster Spanish
- The Mesothelioma Center
- National Cancer Institute Smoking and Cancer
- National Behavioral Health Network for Tobacco & Cancer Control
- Nuestras Voces -The National Hispanic Network to reduce Tobacco related and Cancer Health Disparities
- The National Tobacco Control Network African American | Asian | LGBT
- The National Volunteer Fire Council
- Office of the Surgeon General
- Partnership for Prevention (PFP)
- The Tobacco Technical Assistance Consortium – TTAC builds capacity to achieve effective tobacco prevention and control programs and policies.
- Truth Initiative – Dedicated to building a world where young people reject tobacco and anyone can quit.
- Virginia Foundation for Healthy Youth – The mission of the Virginia Foundation for Healthy Youth is to lead a statewide effort to reduce and prevent the use of tobacco products by youth in Virginia.