If you haven’t already done so, now is the time to get your annual flu shot! All people 6 months of age and older are recommended to receive an annual influenza vaccination. The 2022 – 2023 influenza vaccine will protect against four different influenza viruses.
- All persons aged 6 months and older should be vaccinated annually.
- Vaccination of persons at high risk is especially important to decrease their risk of severe flu illness.
- People at high risk of serious flu complications include young children, pregnant women, people with chronic health conditions like asthma, diabetes or heart and lung disease, and people 65 years and older.
- Vaccination also is important for healthcare workers, and other people who live with or care for people at high risk to keep from spreading flu to those at high risk.
- Children younger than 6 months are at high risk of serious flu illness, but are too young to be vaccinated. People who care for them should be vaccinated instead.
Find additional information on getting vaccinated against the flu, as well as where you can get a flu shot, by visiting https://www.vaccines.gov/find-vaccines/
Alt Text: Image of a chalkboard, stethoscope, and notepad on a table-top. The chalkboard has “Flu Vaccine” written on it and the notepad has the word “Appointment.”
Alt Text: New RAHD Logo
Alt Text: New RAHD Mission Statement: To protect the community and the environment through the prevention of disease, lasting community partnerships, access to quality services and the promotion of healthy behaviors.
RAHD OFFERS THE COVID-19 VACCINES FOR AGES 6 MONTHS AND OLDER. Please call your local health department for an appointment.
Alt Text: Image above shows the Immunization Clinic Schedules for all 5 health departments within Rappahannock Area Health District, as well as addresses and phone numbers for each office. All clinics are held from 8AM until 4PM and appointments are required. COVID Vaccines are available for individuals 6 months of age and older.
Caroline County – Wednesdays: 17202 Richmond Turnpike, Milford VA, 22514 Phone Number: 804-633-5465
Fredericksburg – Tuesdays: 608 Jackson St. Fredericksburg, VA 22401 Phone Number: 540-899-4142
King George – Tuesdays: 8097 Kings Highway, King George, VA 22485 Phone Number: 540-775-3111
Spotsylvania – Mondays: 9104 Courthouse Road, Spotsylvania, VA 22553 Phone Number: 540-507-7400
Stafford – Wednesdays: 1300 Courthouse Road, Stafford, VA 22554 Phone Number: 540-659-3101
- Fredericksburg Alert– http://www.fredericksburgalert.com
- Spotsylvania Alert– https://member.everbridge.net/index/453003085614481#/login
- King George Alert– http://kgalert.com/
- Caroline Alert– https://co.caroline.va.us/AlertCenter.aspx
- Stafford Alert– https://staffordcountyva.gov/AlertCenter.asp