The Virginia Department of Health has launched a new statewide vaccine pre-registration system, to make it easier for people to sign up for a free COVID-19 vaccination: vaccinate.virginia.gov.
- The country still needs more vaccine supply to be able to get shots in the arms of everyone who wants them. Unfortunately, it may take weeks or months before everyone currently on waitlists is able to make an appointment.
- Although the complexities of vaccine distribution do not make it possible to give an estimated appointment date, we will send you regular reminders that you are still on the pre-registration list
- When your appointment becomes available, there will be no charge. State and local agencies will never call, email or text you to ask for your social security number or immigration status in connection with vaccination.
- For additional information, including frequently asked questions and details about vaccine eligibility, visit www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/ or https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines
Are you signed-up for winter weather (and other) alerts from your locality?
- Fredericksburg Alert- http://www.fredericksburgalert.com
- Spotsylvania Alert- https://member.everbridge.net/index/453003085614481#/login
- King George Alert- http://kgalert.com/
- Caroline Alert- https://co.caroline.va.us/AlertCenter.aspx
- Stafford Alert- https://staffordcountyva.gov/AlertCenter.aspx