Naloxone Dispensing and Training
Rappahannock Area Health District offers training on use of naloxone at all of our local health department locations, Monday through Friday from 08:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Training includes a free dose of naloxone. Additional naloxone can be picked up at the health department offices. One box of free naloxone can be provided per person per day.
What Does REVIVE Training Cover?
- Understanding opioids.
- How opioid overdoses happen.
- Risk factors for opioid overdoses, and:
- How to respond to an opioid overdose emergency with the administration of naloxone.
- The training takes about 5 minutes and is best for individuals.
- Available in our Local Health Department offices.
- Includes free naloxone.
- Rapid REVIVE can also be offered at Community Events and includes dispensing of free naloxone.
Lay Rescuer REVIVE:
- One-hour long classroom training
- Goes into detail on opioid awareness and naloxone education.
- Ideal for organizations and businesses.
Want to request a REVIVE training for your organization? Email Anthony Salgado at firstname.lastname@example.org to set it up!
For additional information, please visit: Naloxone – Epidemiology (virginia.gov)