To lower the risk of spreading respiratory infections, including COVID-19, the Rappahannock Area Health District encourages those who have NOT yet received the COVID-19 vaccine to:
- Wear a cloth face covering when around people outside your household.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining at least six feet of space between yourself and other individuals when you must be out in public
- Do not go out in public or to work if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, such as a cough or a fever.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with sick people
Additional information and recommendations:
- The CDC has updated its recommendations on when individuals with COVID-19 can end isolation. Specifically, it is recommended that individuals end isolation based on symptoms, rather than being tested for a negative result. Click here for more information.
- Guidance for Schools, Workplaces & Community Locations | CDC
- CDC Print Resources in Multiple Languages
- COVID-19 Mental Health Resources in RAHD
- What to do if you are sick