Records of a center’s annual or more frequent Program training sessions for their front line and key staff, as defined by the State agency, must be maintained. These records must include dates, locations, CACFP topics discussed, and names of center personnel in attendance. The required content of the trainings is established by the State agency [7 CFR 226.15(e)(12); 226.17(b)(10)].
Annual FY2023-2024 Training Required:
SNP is excited to offer FY2023 – 2024 required Annual Program Training online training to CACFP Program Operators. Through Bright Track, Program Operators create an online account to enroll in SNP CACFP courses for an all-around training one-stop shop.
For specific information on meeting the FY2024 annual training requirements, as well as how to access Bright Track, please refer to the most recent VDH SNP Memo Notification of Required Training.
- VDH SNP Memo: Notification of Required Training
- For Bright Track technical assistance, please complete the Help Desk Form.
- For information visit: Bright Track User Accounts (Help)
All trainings can be located on the CACFP Training site
- Access code: vdh
- Required Modules: 110 Annual Sponsor Training
The required training modules continue to be revised and updated based on new United Stated Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) policies. VDH will send an email to all CACFP Program Contacts listed in CHAAMPS once the modules are available for viewing.
VDH CACFP Training Resources:
Please note these trainings are available as a resource for Program Operators but are not a reflection of the most current USDA FNS Program guidance.
- Adult Meal Pattern Training
- Follow along with the Adult Meal Pattern Participant Guide
- Financial Viability and Budget Training
- Informal Procurement: Micro and Small Purchases (Purchases ranging from $0-$100,000)
- Procurement: Standards for Small Organizations (Purchases of $5,000 or less)
- Formal Procurement (Purchases above $100,000)
- Child Income Eligibility Form (IEF) and Annual Enrollment Form (AEF) Training
- Recordkeeping (includes food service cost documentation and monitoring requirements)
- Follow along with the Recordkeeping Participant Guide
- Preparing for a Program Review
- Corrective Action Plans (CAP)
- Follow along with the CAP Participation Guide
- Sample Documentation: Sample CAP Evaluation Checklist (Sponsor Organizations ONLY)
- Sample Documentation: CAP Development Rubric
- Farm to CACFP
- Healthy Meal Resources
PowerPoint Training Supplements:
The PowerPoint links below are available to organizations that look to administer CACFP training in their organization. If you have any questions or concerns in regard to the training PowerPoints made available, please contact the CACFP at (877) 618-7282 or email us at CACFP@vdh.virginia.gov.
- Infant Meal Pattern Training PowerPoint
- Child Meal Pattern Training PowerPoint
- Adult Meal Training PowerPoint
- Financial Viability and Budget Training PowerPoint
- Informal Procurement Training PowerPoint
- Child Income Eligibility Training PowerPoint
- Recordkeeping Training PowerPoint
- Preparing for a Program Review Training PowerPoint
- Corrective Action Plan Training PowerPoint
- Farm to CACFP Training PowerPoint
- Healthy Meal Resources Training PowerPoint