The HAI/AR Team
- Sarah Lineberger, MPH - HAI Program Manager
- Shaina Bernard, PharmD, BCPS - AR Coordinator
- Rehab Abdelfattah, MD, MPH, CIC - Clinical Investigations Consultant
- Mounika Bazar, MPH - COVID-19 Infection Control Consultant
- Andrea Chapman, MPH, CHOP, CIC - Regional Infection Prevention Coordinator
- Smrithi Chikkala, MBBS, MPH - HAI Training & Communications Assistant
- Carolyn Kiefer, RN, BSN, CIC - Regional Infection Prevention Coordinator
- Lindsey Lambert - HAI/AR Administrator
- Taye Osunlalu, MPH- Antimicrobial Stewardship Epidemiologist
- Allison O'Rourke, MPH- MDRO Prevention Epidemiologist
- Angela Spleen, PhD - Infection Prevention Training & Communications Coordinator
- Emily Valencia, MPH - AR Epidemiologist
- Emily Varvil, MPH - IPC Policy Research Specialist
Regional Infection Prevention
- Northern Regional Infection Preventionist
- Scott Baumgartner, RN, BSN
- Northwest Regional Infection Preventionist
- Kayleigh Rehkopf, MS
- Holly Spindle, RN, BSN
- Central Regional Infection Preventionist
- Wendy Fariss, RN, BSN, CIC
- Marsha Kemp, BS, RN, CIC, COHN
- Eastern Regional Infection Preventionist
- Dana Chapman, RN, BSN, MPH, CIC
- Dee Winston, MPH
- Southwest Regional Infection Preventionist
- Sandra Sebestin, BS, MT, CIC
- Melissa Hobbs, RN, BSN, CIC
- Sheri Ives, RN, BSN, MBA
Virginia Department of Health Contacts & Resources for Infection Prevention
- Epidemiology Fact Sheets
- Division of Disease Prevention
- Maintains a variety of programs to eliminate, prevent, and control disease, disability, and death caused by HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, other sexually transmitted diseases, and tuberculosis.
- Tuberculosis (TB) Control and Prevention Program
- For more information on TB in healthcare settings, click here to go to the Other Infections and Conditions page of the VDH HAI website.
- Division of Immunization
- Tracks trends in vaccine-preventable diseases; maintains the Virginia Immunization Information System (VIIS), the statewide immunization registry for the public and private sectors; manages the Virginia Vaccines for Children program; coordinates the Virginia Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention Program; and runs the Virginia Adult Hepatitis B Initiative
- Also includes the Division of Environmental Epidemiology, Division of Pharmacy Services, and Division of Radiological Health.
The Office of Emergency Preparedness provides information on personal preparedness and facility preparedness for natural and man-made emergencies.
The Office of Environmental Health protects the public’s health by preventing the transmission of disease through food, milk, shellfish, water, and sewage in partnership with other agencies to protect the environment.
- Food safety – provides information on food regulations as well as foodborne disease data and food recalls.
- For questions about bed bugs, contact the Bedding and Upholstered Furniture Inspection Program.
- Administers state licensing programs for hospitals, outpatient surgical hospitals, nursing facilities, home care organizations, and hospice programs;
- Conducts inspections to satisfy state licensure requirements;
- Investigates consumer complaints regarding the quality of health care services received.
Opens pdf to download
Opens document to download
Opens in a new window