UPDATE: Licensing portal live for ALL applicants and licensees
Phase I of the online application portal for its licensing programs has launched for applications for:
- New licenses
- Renewal of existing licenses
- Exemptions (for hospices and HCOs)
- Changes to existing licenses
Please use the VDH OLC Portal button to access the new system. Instructions for how to request a user access account are hyperlinked beneath the VDH OLC Portal button
Kimberly Beazley, Director
The Office of Licensure and Certification (OLC) works to ensure that the quality of healthcare delivered by providers is safe, cost effective and compliant with all state and federal laws. In partnership with stakeholders, we work to increase appropriate access to health care services and to promote the quality of life for all patients in a professional manner.
The OLC administers four state licensing programs:
In addition, the OLC administers the state's certification and registration programs for:
- Managed Care Health Insurance Plans (MCHIPs)
- Private Review Agents (PRAs)
- Certificate of Public Need (COPN)
The OLC is also the state survey agency for the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services as well evaluating laboratories that perform diagnostic testing on human specimens (including physicians offices, hospitals, and nursing homes) under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA) Program.
In addition to regulatory compliance inspections and surveys, the OLC is responsible for actively supervising the Cooperative Agreement on behalf of the State Health Commissioner and for investigating consumer complaints regarding the quality of health care services received. These inspections are conducted by medical facilities inspectors who are health care professionals such as physicians, registered nurses, dietitians, social workers and laboratory medical technologists. The training and development of providers and OLC staff on these matters is conducted and coordinated by the Training Unit.
Click below to access application portal
- If you are a new user WITHOUT A LICENSE, please follow these "Requesting User Access as an Applicant for Licensure" instructions to request a user access account.
- If you have a license and only have one licensed facility/agency, please follow these "Requesting User Access as an Existing Licensee" instructions to request a user access account.
- If you have a license and have multiple licensed facilities/agencies, please follow these "Requesting User Access for Multiple Facilities/Agencies" instructions to request a user access account.
- If you are a returning user (i.e., you already have a user access account), click the button above and select "Login" in the upper right hand corner of the portal, then login in with your username and password.