Every year the General Assembly passes numerous bills that direct state agencies to convene work groups and conduct studies on a wide variety of topics and submit reports on their findings. Below are the current legislative workgroups and studies that the Office of Licensure and Certification is conducting or for which the Office of Licensure and Certification is providing support. Questions about a workgroup or study should be directed to the staff members identified for that specific workgroup or study.
Ch. 112 (2022 Acts of Assembly)
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of Virginia:
1. § 1. That the Board of Health shall convene a workgroup composed of representatives of hospitals, health care providers providing rehabilitation services, and other stakeholders to provide recommendations regarding regulations requiring hospitals to develop protocols for connecting patients receiving rehabilitation services to necessary follow-up care, including recommendations for requirements related to (i) providing instructions for follow-up care, (ii) making referrals for any such follow-up care, and (iii) providing information necessary for the patient to schedule initial appointments for such follow-up care, including the name of and contact information for each provider and information regarding any scheduled appointments. The workgroup shall report its recommendations to the Board of Health by October 1, 2022.
This workgroup is staffed by Rebekah E. Allen (Senior Policy Analyst, Office of Licensure and Certification). Questions about the workgroup should be directed to Ms. Allen by email.
Representatives from the following stakeholders serve as members of the workgroup:
- Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association
- Virginia Health Care Association
- LeadingAge Virginia
- Speech-Language-Hearing Association of Virginia
- Virginia Occupational Therapy Association
- Virginia Physical Therapy Association
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Chapter 112 (2022 Acts of Assembly) requires a report about the workgroup's recommendations be submitted to the Board of Health. The final draft of the report will be posted here once it has been transmitted to the Board of Health.