WIC stands for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. It is funded through the U.S. Department of Agriculture and operated in Virginia through the Virginia Department of Health.
The goal of WIC is to improve the health of pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women, infants, and children (under 5 years) through better nutrition and access to health care. WIC provides:
- Screening and referrals to other health, welfare and social service agencies
- Nutrition education, breastfeeding promotion and support
- Supplemental nutritious foods
To be eligible for the WIC Program, applicants must meet categorical, residential, income and nutrition risk requirements.
To apply, call to schedule an appointment. You will need to bring…
- Proof of income (pay stubs, Medicaid card, Food Stamp letter)
- Proof of identity (driver’s license, birth certificate, Social Security card)
- Proof that you live in Virginia (utility bill or other item with your name and street address)