Have you been affected by COVID-19 and need resources?
Contact your local COVID Care Resource Coordinator for more information!
Want more information about Care Resource Coordination?
Central Virginia - We want YOUR feedback! We are gauging feedback from the community on interest in COVID-19 support groups and COVID-19 related resources. Please fill out our survey if you have been impacted by COVID-19 and are seeking support and/or resources.
- HUD COVID-19 Resources for Homeowners
- Interfaith Outreach Emergency Assistance Program (Program assists with utilities terminations, evictions, first month's rent, security deposits for utilities, toiletries, and cleaning supplies)
- COVID Funeral Assistance FEMA
Central Virginia Continuum of Care (CHIA) If you are experiencing homelessness or will lose housing in the next three days, call the homeless hotline at (434) 427-CHIA
Lynchburg Community Action Group Assists individuals and families with need in relation to education, employment and/or housing services
- VA Mortgage Relief Program VMRP provides financial assistance to homeowners who have faced financial challenges due to COVID
- Salvation Army of Greater Lynchburg provides an emergency shelter, community feeding program, summer camps and youth programs, and emergency social services which assist with groceries, rent, clothing, utilities, etc.
- Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) A Virginia Department of Social Services program that helps Virginia residents pay their water and wastewater bills
*If food needs to be picked up, please send an individual who is not in their isolation timeline or having COVID symptoms.*
- COVID Care Kit Program VDH program that delivers food, a meal, PPE, and resources to eligible household impacted by COVID.
- Meals on Wheels
- Central Virginia Alliance for Community Living, Inc.
- Parkview Community Mission
- Pantry Locator
- SNAP (formerly food stamps) can apply through our local social services or CommonHelp
- WIC to apply for WIC please call your closest health department
- Lynchburg Daily Bread provides a meal daily for residents in Lynchburg and the surrounding counties
- COVID Vaccine Ambassador Training: How to Talk to Parents - A free Coursera course that gives people knowledge and tools to have respectful, empathetic conversations about COVID-19 vaccines with others
- Answers to Tough Questions About Public Health - Provides up-to-date answers to tough questions you or someone you know may have about COVID-19