Financial & Construction Assistance Programs (FCAP)

Financial and Construction Assistance Programs FCAP logo

About FCAP

The Virginia Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) program is comprised of the Financial and Construction Assistance Programs (FCAP), which oversees construction-funded activities, and the Capacity Development Program (Cap Dev), which oversees the implementation of the capacity building functions of the Office of Drinking Water (ODW) at the Virginia Department of Health (VDH).

ODW manages two funding sources under FCAP:

Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) Program

DWSRF combines federal and state funds to offer a mix of loan, grant, and refinancing opportunities

Water Supply Assistance Grant
(WSAG) Fund Program

WSAG offers solely state funds in the form of grants

To learn more about funding through FCAP, please view our Drinking Water Funding Program Details & Application page.

Application Deadlines

Please click the links in the table below to learn more about submitting an application to one of our programs. All applications must be submitted (or postmarked) by the specified date and time indicated below. Please view the FY25 Funding Announcement Letter for additional details.

ODW is currently accepting applications for the following:


Drinking Water Funding Program Details & Application Materials
May 3, 2024 - 5PM EST
Lead Elimination Assistance Program (LEAP) Application & Information
LSL Inventory (only): March 31, 2024 - 5PM EST
LSL Replacement: May 3, 2024 - 5PM EST
Fluoridation Grant Funding Application & Information
 June 30, 2024 - 5 PM EST
Planning & Design Fund Application & Information


School and Child Care Lead Testing and Reduction Grant Program
Applications accepted year-round


Applications accepted year-round

Intended Use Plan and Project Priority List

Each year, the Virginia Department of Health’s Office of Drinking Water (ODW) prepares a draft Intended Use Plan (IUP) that explains the goals of the program, funding priorities, how VDH intends to use the grant funds, and other important information submitted from the funding requests and set-aside suggestions. The IUP includes the Project Priority List (PPL), which includes a list of the projects funded during the most recent funding cycle. Projects addressing public health issues are prioritized. The current Intended Use Plan (IUP) and Project Priority List (PPL) are available to view online. To view IUPs and PPLs from previous years, please click on the Past Plans tab.

EPA Funded Projects

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) awards Federal Capitalization Grants to states for deposit into a State Revolving Fund (SRF). From this fund, states provide revolving loans to local governments and other entities for drinking water projects. Loan repayments then provide a continuing source of revenue available to localities for solving additional drinking water problems. View a complete list of EPA Funded Equivalency Projects financed by the Virginia DWSRF by clicking on the link.

Resources for Funding Recipients

FCAP has the following resources available for funding recipients currently working towards project completion:

Contact Information

FCAP is located throughout the state in the following offices:

Central Office (Main)

109 Governor Street, 6th Floor
Richmond, Virginia 23219

Phone: 804-864-7500
Fax: 804-864-7521

Abingdon Field Office

Danville Field Office

Lexington Field Office

407 East Main Street, Suite 2
Abingdon, Virginia 24210

Phone: 276-676-5650
Fax: 276-676-5959

211 Nor Dan Drive, Suite 1040
Danville, Virginia 24540

Phone: 434-836-8416
Fax: 434-836-8424

131 Walker Street
Lexington, Virginia 24450

Phone: 540-463-7136
Fax: 540-463-3892

To contact a specific FCAP member, please view the FCAP Directory.