- VA MAP Formulary Updated September 26, 2023
The Advisory Committee to VA MAP (formerly, the ADAP Advisory Committee) recently met to review the formulary. Updates include medication or vaccine additions, removal of medications due to low/no utilization or outdated clinical indications, and updates for medications or vaccines that were already on the formulary. Please refer to the VA MAP website for additional program information.
Information on Becoming a Medication Access Site (June, 2020)
- Below is information for clinics and pharmacies on what is required to become a Medication Access Site, for both the Virginia Medication Assistance Program (VA MAP), as well as the Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Delivery Program.
FDA Approved Medication Update
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine- Requires a VA MAP Medication Exception Form; this is authorized only for clients with a CD4 count of 200 or more, and used as indicated in males and females up to age 45 years. (Change in Age Range).
- On June 12, 2020, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Tivicay (dolutegravir) tablets and Tivicay PD (dolutegravir) tablets for suspension to treat HIV-1 infection in pediatric patients at least four weeks old and weighing at least 3 kg (6.61 pounds) in combination with other antiretroviral treatments.
Immediate Action Steps:
- The policy, procedure, and forms for the RWHAP B formulary are on the HCS intranet site. RWHAP sites must currently have RWHAP B funds to pay for medications and get reimbursement. If they do not, it will be easiest for an RWHAP B medical provider or medical case management provider to assist client in accessing meds on the RWHAP B formulary (under the service category of Outpatient Ambulatory Health Services), since they submit for reimbursement with their monthly invoices to VDH.
Ryan White Part B Policy and Medication Formulary – Updated June 8, 2023
Local Health Departments: Reimbursement Procedures for VA MAP Vaccines
*Please note: Reimbursement for vaccines will only be approved for Direct VA MAP clients and clients with insurance that does not cover vaccines (must provide proof of vaccine non-coverage).
- VA MAP Vaccine Reimbursement Procedure for Local Health Departments
- Journal for Vaccination Reimbursement – Ryan White / VA MAP Blank Template (Excel) – (Recipients of RWHAP B Award can charge admin fee to their current award)
Questions or comments?
Medication Eligibility Hotline 1-855-362-0658