- VA MAP Formulary Updated October 2020
The VA ADAP has a new name – the VA Medication Assistance Program (VA MAP). The Advisory Committee to VA MAP (formerly, the ADAP Advisory Committee) recently met to review the formulary. The at-a-glance changes below are effective October 22, 2020. Updates include medication or vaccine additions, removal of medications due to low/no utilization or outdated clinical indications, and updates for medications or vaccines that were already on the formulary. Please refer to the VA MAP/ADAP website for additional program information: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/disease-prevention/virginia-aids-drug-assistance-program-adap/
Formulary Update at a Glance:
- fostemsavir (Rukobia)
- No Deletions
Information on Becoming a Medication Access Site (June, 2020)
- Below is information for clinics and pharmacies on what is required to become a Medication Access Site, for both the Virginia Medication Assistance Program (VA MAP), as well as the Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Delivery Program.
FDA Approved Medication Update
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine- Requires a VA MAP Medication Exception Form; this is authorized only for clients with a CD4 count of 200 or more, and used as indicated in males and females up to age 45 years. (Change in Age Range).
- On June 12, 2020, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Tivicay (dolutegravir) tablets and Tivicay PD (dolutegravir) tablets for suspension to treat HIV-1 infection in pediatric patients at least four weeks old and weighing at least 3 kg (6.61 pounds) in combination with other antiretroviral treatments.
Immediate Action Steps:
- The policy, procedure, and forms for the RWHAP B formulary are on the HCS intranet site. RWHAP sites must currently have RWHAP B funds to pay for medications and get reimbursement. If they do not, it will be easiest for an RWHAP B medical provider or medical case management provider to assist client in accessing meds on the RWHAP B formulary (under the service category of Outpatient Ambulatory Health Services), since they submit for reimbursement with their monthly invoices to VDH.
Ryan White Part B Policy and Medication Formulary
Local Health Departments: Reimbursement Procedures for VA MAP Vaccines
- VA MAP Vaccine Reimbursement Procedure for Local Health Departments
- VA MAP Vaccine Reimbursement Procedure for Alternate Medication Access Sites
- Journal for Vaccination Reimbursement – Ryan White / VA MAP Blank Template (Excel) – (Recipients of RWHAP B Award can charge admin fee to their current award)
Questions or comments?
Medication Eligibility Hotline 1-855-362-0658