The SIGoVA Antimicrobial Stewardship Virtual Research Symposium was held on June 14, 2019. Presenters from across Virginia presented on antimicrobial stewardship topics. Below are the abstracts and recordings of the presentations.
Browse the presentation abstracts here.
- Impact of Cascade Reporting of Antimicrobial Susceptibility on the Consumption of Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics at a Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Implementation and Impact of Real-time Audit and Feedback on All Positive Blood Cultures at an Academic Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Implementation of a Survey to Assess Candida auris Laboratory Testing Capacity in Virginia
- Implementation of an Antibiotic Timeout Process
- Levofloxacin for Antibacterial Prophylaxis in Pediatric Patients with Acute Myeloid Leukemia or Undergoing Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
- Incidence of Acute Kidney Injury in Oncology Patients Receiving PiperacillinTazobactam and Vancomycin
- Characterizing the Change Between IV Piggyback and IV Push Antibiotic Administration
- Evaluation of Antifungal Prophylaxis Strategy for Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplant Patients
- Impact of a Pharmacist-Driven Inactivated Herpes Zoster Virus Vaccine Administration Pilot Program on Vaccination Rates within a HIV/Infectious
- Evaluation of the Management of Purulent and Non-purulent Skin and Soft tissue Infections in the Inpatient Setting at the Richmond Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Relative Carbapenem Use for a Burn ICU at an Academic Medical Center
- Impact of Pharmacist-led Education on the Outpatient Treatment of Acute Upper Respiratory Tract Infections
- Use of a Novel Metric for Inter-Facility Comparison of Antimicrobial Consumption across Academic Medical Centers
Opens pdf to download
Opens document to download
Opens in a new window
External link will open in new window. Click link to exit Virginia Department of Health Website.