- New TB Nurse Training – March 5, 2024
- Register here
- This training is intended for local health department nurses who are new to public health or who are new to TB case management.
- To be held at the Virginia Public Safety Training Center (7093 Broad Neck Rd, Hanover, VA 23069).
- On this training's home page, you will find all of the resources from the training (password protected - for attendees only).
- TB Lunch and Learn: Serum Drug Levels - March 14, 2024, 12:30-1:15
- Audience: Local Health Department TB Program staff
- Increase understanding of situations when serum drug level testing is recommended for clients being treated for TB disease.
- Increase understanding of recommended timing for serum drug level specimens.
- Increase understanding of recommended process for serum drug level specimen collection and submission.
- Please submit questions in advance to Amy.Beahm@vdh.virginia.gov by March 11
- Click here to join the meeting
This self-paced training is recommended for all public health nurses working in the Tuberculosis Program. The training takes approximately 6.5 hours to complete. The training is completed through the CDC website.
The Self-Study Modules on Tuberculosis are a series of educational modules designed to provide information about TB in a self-study format. The series consists of a total of nine modules that are separated into two courses. The first course, Modules 1-5, provides basic information on TB. The second course, Modules 6-9, provides more specific TB programmatic information.
Self-Study VEDSS Training for active TB disease and LTBI investigations (Health Department Staff Only)
If you are a new VEDSS user, first review the following courses in TRAIN:
- Module 1: VEDSS Introduction (Course ID: 1100457)
- Module 2: Managing Persons (Course ID: 1100459)
- Module 3: Lab & Morbidity Reports (Course ID: 1064905)
- Module 4: Investigations & Queues (Course ID: 1100460)
Treating LTBI in Special Situations is a self-paced, online course consisting of interactive case-based modules that guide the participant through 8 topics. The topic areas include contact to drug-resistant case, hepatitis, HIV/AIDS, infants & children, pregnancy, renal failure, TNF-antagonists and transplantation. The course also includes 5 reference books that provide additional information to participants. This course is offered through the Southeastern National Tuberculosis Center.
Learn how to evaluate people for latent TB infection with the Mantoux tuberculin skin test. The Mantoux Tuberculin Skin Testing Video provides a clear, detailed demonstration of the steps involved in administering and reading the Mantoux tuberculin skin test. Other resources on this page include: TB Ruler ordering information, Mantoux Tuberculin Skin Test Wall Chart PDF download/ordering information, and Tuberculin Skin Testing Fact Sheet PDF download (English and Spanish).
Videos available for both Home Collection and Induced Collection.
The sputum home collection animated video is designed to provide patients with instructions on how to produce a good sputum specimen for TB diagnosis. This video is available in Spanish version.
The induced sputum animated video is designed to provide patients with instructions on how to produce a good sputum sample using a nebulizer and saline solution to induce a sputum specimen for TB diagnosis. This video is also available in Spanish.
Opens pdf to download
Opens document to download
Opens in a new window