The materials below provide important education and guidance about lead exposure, blood lead testing, and lead poisoning prevention.
They may be downloaded and distributed electronically or printed and distributed physically.
- Lead 101 for Parents and Caregivers
- Prevent Childhood Lead Poisoning
- Lead Poisoning Prevention FAQs
- Lead Risk Checklist
- Why Should My Child Get a Blood Lead Test?
- Tips for Preventing Lead Exposure in the Home
- Understanding Your Child's Blood Lead Level
- Lead Safe Cleaning Tips
- Common Sources of Lead Exposure
- Possible Sources of Lead - Full List
- Firing Range & Firearms Lead Exposure Fact Sheet
- Lead & Mental Health
For Pregnant Women
For Health Care Providers
The educational resources below cover the basic lead poisoning prevention information a parent or caregiver needs to help keep their child lead safe. These materials can be distributed at any time, but especially right before or after a child receives a blood lead test.
For School Nurses & Child Care Providers
- How Can School Nurses Help Prevention Childhood Lead Poisoning?
- Tips for Preventing Lead Exposure at Home - Single-sided flyer
- Tips for Preventing Lead Exposure at Home - Double-sided flyer
Child Care Providers
The CDC and EPA also provide many additional educational resources on lead poisoning prevention.