The Richmond & Henrico Health Districts work with our area schools and health systems to promote health and disease prevention.
Preventive health: Immunizations & physicals
RHHD provides immunizations and physicals to kids of all ages.
We partner with area schools and health systems to ensure all Richmond-area kids get access to the preventive care they need to go to school and stay healthy.
- Learn about school-required immunizations and how to get kids what they need to start school on time.
- Middle- and high-schoolers playing school-sponsored athletics need a sports physical dated after May 1 of each year.
Health & wellness during the school day
RHHD works closely with school health personnel to make sure each student has what they need to stay healthy from the first bell to the last.
Each school district has its own health services team which, along with school nurses, makes sure all students have the support they need to thrive at school. Visit your student’s health services page for more information.
- Richmond Public Schools Health Services
- Henrico County Public Schools Health Services
- Chesterfield Public Schools Health Services
Does your student take medication at school, or have asthma, severe allergies, a seizure disorder, or diabetes? If so, then they will need proper documentation and medical orders in place to receive the care they need at school.
School Health Information
RHHD compiles guides and resource lists for teachers, staff, and families of school-aged kids so that we all have the information we need to support students.
- The Virginia Department of Health provides a comprehensive Back-to-School toolkit for everything you need to start the year strong.
- If you’re a family member or guardian who needs further resources on communicable disease testing & treatment, legal processes, mental health support, or other health services, click on the Information for Families button below.
- If you’re a teacher, staff member, or administrator who wants general health guidance or recommendations on communicable diseases, chronic disease control, or substance use and overdose prevention, click the Information for School Personnel button below.