Because RCHD is closely monitoring and responding to COVID-19, some of our clinical programs will be closed.
Clinical programs OPEN: Southwood, Gilpin, Mosby and Fairfield Resource Centers, immunization clinics for ages 5 and under, and some clinics will be open on a limited basis (based on criteria). However, we are only seeing patients with urgent needs who have an appointment during this time. To schedule an appointment, please call 804-482-5500.
Clinical programs CLOSED: The Tuesday evening clinics are closed. Creighton, Whitcomb, Broad Rock and Hillside Resource Centers will also be closed.
Richmond City Health District Clinical Services are located in the Richmond City Health District building at 400 East Cary Street. The front entrance is located on Main Street. Clinical Services are available to the insured, uninsured and underinsured residents as well as the general public and teens.
Visitor parking is available in the Cary Street lot and metered parking is available on Main and 4th Streets. Please callfor more information.
Our Resource Centers are available at a number of locations throughout the city. The Resource Centers provides family planning and STI services; health screenings; wellness services; nutrition education; community resource information; budget management; and health education.
Hours of Operation:
- Business hours for Clinical Services are 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- 4th Fridays – All Clinical Services will operate at their normal hours in the mornings. Afternoon Clinical Services will be closed.
- 5th Fridays – All morning and afternoon Clinical Services are closed for staff training.
The following services are provided:
To make an appointment or to inquire about the opportunity to walk-in for services, please call(closed for lunch at 12 noon-1:00 p.m.). Most services require an appointment.
- Clients can schedule same-day STI appointments by calling 804-482-5500 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 8:00 a.m.- 12:00 noon.
- Limited walk-ins are available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 8:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
- We also have a screening-only clinic from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday nights. This is an ideal option for people with no signs or symptoms to get tested. The clinic tests for gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, and HIV. No treatment is offered at this clinic. Please call (804) 482-5500 for more information.
- For information about STI/HIV testing sites available in the Richmond area, visit DoingItRVA.
- For information about other local health departments that offer STI testing and treatment:
Pregnancy Testing is available at our Resource Centers. Contact the Resource Center nearest you for more information.