Booster shots are now available. Ask your health care provider if a booster shot is right for you.
- Everyone 12+ years who is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is eligible for a booster.
- Second booster doses may now be provided to certain populations in the Commonwealth.
- Adults aged 50 years and older may choose to receive a second booster dose using an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine at least 4 months after the first booster dose.
- Adults aged 18–49 years who received Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine as both their primary series dose and booster dose may receive a second booster dose using an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine at least 4 months after the first Johnson & Johnson/Janssen booster dose.
- People aged 12 years and older who are moderately or severely immunocompromised may choose to receive a second booster dose using an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine at least 4 months after the first booster dose.
|At least 5 months after Pfizer or Moderna
|At least 4 months after Pfizer or Moderna
|At least 2 months after J&J
|At least 4 months after J&J
Which booster shot do I get?
- You may have a preference, but you can get any booster shot.
How can I get the booster shot?
Individuals seeking boosters may walk up to an RHHD event without an appointment. RHHD requests individuals getting a booster shot to bring their vaccination card; no other documentation to prove eligibility will be required.
Walk-ups are welcome at RHHD COVID-19 vaccination events, but appointments are also available on the VASE+ website or by calling our call center at (804) 205-3501, Monday through Friday, 8 am-5 pm. Check vaccines.gov to find a pharmacy or other clinic near you that offers the vaccine, or find an RHHD vaccination event that works for you.
For more info about COVID-19 prevention and available vaccines, call the Richmond and Henrico COVID-19 Hotline at (804) 205-3501.