Richmond City Health District Clinical Services are located in the Richmond City Health District building at 400 East Cary Street. The front entrance is located on Main Street. Clinical Services are available to the insured, uninsured and underinsured residents as well as the general public. Visitor Parking is available in the Cary Street Lot and meter parking on Main and 4th Streets. Please callfor more information.
Resource Centers are also available at a number of locations throughout the city. The Resource Center model takes a community based and relationship approach to providing neighboring residents with health services and entry into the healthcare system. Click here to learn more about our Resource Centers.
- 4th Fridays all clinical services will operate at their normal hours in the mornings. Afternoon Clinical Services will be closed.
- 5th Fridays – All Morning and afternoon Clinical Services are closed for staff training.
The following services are provided:
- Linkage to Prenatal Services
- Family Planning Services – RCHD no longer provides direct prenatal care. Call our Navigation Team at 804-482-5454 to they can help link you to related services.
- Teen Experience. This service is longer provided at the Cary Street location. Please inquire at one of our eight Resource Centers.
- Immunization Services
- TB Services
- Refugee Newcomer Services
- STI/HIV Services (walk-in services)
To make an appointment or to inquire about the opportunity to walk-in for services, please call(closed for lunch at 12 noon-1:00 p.m.). Most services require an appointment. Business hours for Clinical Services are 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Some Fridays are training days for staff and Clinical Services are not available on days training is scheduled.
- Clients can schedule same-day STI appointments by calling 804-482-5500 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Limited walk-ins will also be available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 8:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
- We also have a screening-only clinic from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday nights. This is an ideal option for people with no signs or symptoms to get tested. The clinic tests for gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, and HIV. No treatment is offered at this clinic. Please call (804) 482-5500 for more information.
- For information about STI/HIV testing sites available in the Richmond area, visit DoingItRVA.
- For information about other local health departments that offer STI testing and treatment:
- Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m.-11 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. Friday:8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. only. There is a $15.00 fee for all pregnancy tests.
- This service is longer provided at the Cary Street location. Please inquire at one of our eight Resource Centers.
Teen Experience includes:
- Teen friendly atmosphere
- Health Education
- Family Planning Services
- STI/HIV treatment and prevention
Resource Centers provide:
- Family Planning and STI Services
- Health Screenings
- Wellness Services
- Nutrition Education
- Community Resource Information
- Budget Management
- Health Education