The following links provide useful guidance on a number of student related topics.
- Certification Testing
- Challenge Candidates
- EMS Student Eligibility for Clinical Rotations
- Directory of Virginia Accredited Sites
- Virginia CPR Course Requirements
- National Registry Guidance
- Training Programs Overview
- Online Continuing Education
- Program Rankings Based on Educator Pass Rates
- ALS Psychomotor Test Schedule
The best browser to use with the EMS Portal is Google Chrome and Safari on a Mac—you must allow for pop-ups.
- If you are using Opera or Microsoft Edge—there are known issues with the EMS Portal not functioning well with these browsers.
- The EMS Portal does not work well with the browsers on Android phones and tablets and Apple iPhones. It will work with certain models of iPads which are updated to iOS 12 or higher.
- There are also known issues with Chromebooks.
- Firefox is not a supported browser per the Virginia Information Technology Agency.
Click this link to open and print the Quick Guide -- Online Enrollment Student Quick Guide for guidance on how to complete the process of online enrollment through Virginia's EMS Portal.
Did you know that you can complete the following transactions online through the Virginia EMS Portal without the need to contact the Office of EMS directly?
- Change your address, phone numbers and e-mail address
- View Test Scores and Results
- View/print your digital certification card
- View/print Test and Retest Eligibility Letters
- View/print Continuing Education (CE) Reports
- View Certification Details (Level)
- View Expiration Date