The following are guidance documents and/policy updates designed to assist Education Coordinators.
- 16th Percentile Peer-to-Peer Benchmarking
- Certification Testing
- CE Scanner Version 4.0 User Guide
- Competency-based EMT Program
- CPR Requirements
- Delivering High-Quality Instruction Online (VILT)
- Required Paperwork for Initial Certification Programs
- Scope of Practice - Formulary
- Scope of Practice - Procedures
- Student Background Check Process
- Submission of Continuing Education Hours In Virginia
- Training Program Administration Manual
- Training Programs Overview
COVID Related EMS Training Documents
The following are links to documents pertaining to EMS training changes made as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- TR-900-INST – Student Screening Guidance Instructions
- TR-900 – Student Screening Log
- TR-901 – Field/Clinical Attestation Statement (COVID-19)
- TR-901A – Field/Clinical Attestation Statement (Generic)
- TR-997 – EMR Program Guidance – Spring 2022
- TR-998 – Advanced EMT Program Guidance – Spring 2022
- TR-999 – EMT Program Guidance – Spring 2022
National Registry for EMS Education Coordinators
The following are links to NREMT guidance and/or policy for Education Coordinators.
Virginia Education Coordinator Certification
The links below are intended for those who are seeking to become an Education Coordinator in Virginia.
Virginia EMS Education Standards (VEMSES)
The following documents are related to the Virginia EMS Education Standards which are the basis for EMS education at all levels in Virginia.
Virginia EMS Education Standards (VEMSES) which was modified from the National EMS Education Standards (NEMSES) for the EMT.
These guidance documents were developed by OEMS Staff to assist with understanding differences between the National Standard Curricula and the NEMSES/VEMSES.
- Virginia Scope of Practice Formulary and Scope of Practice Procedure Documents
These documents are for reference only. Here are some other related documents that educators may find beneficial.
Teaching EMT Programs in Virginia's Public High Schools
The Virginia Office of EMS works in concert with the Department of Education to update the EMS program guidance documents which are published on Virginia's Educational Resource System Online (VERSO).
EMS related documents on the VERSO can be found below.