The Division of Trauma and Critical Care within the Virginia Department of Health, Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS) has just released the EMS Data Submission Compliance Reports for April 2021. The reports are generated each month and are provided to the Director of OEMS, the Division of Regulation and Compliance and the Rescue Squad Assistance Fund (RSAF) grants program.
When reviewing this report, please be aware of the following:
- Green shading – Indicates the quality of the data submitted by the agency ranges from 98% and
100% (average to excellent).
- Yellow shading – Indicates the quality of the data submitted by the agency ranges from 95% to
97.99% (below average)
- Red shading – Indicates the quality of the data submitted by the agency ranges from 0.01% to
- Black shading – Indicates the quality score of the data submitted by the agency is 0.00% (poor).
- Reported as No Runs – Indicates the agency appropriately notified OEMS using approved methods that their agency had no responses for the month listed.
- For guidance on these approved methods, contact OEMS support.
- Failed to Submit – Indicates the agency did not report any information to OEMS for the month in question.
- Blue shading (data quality score) – This indicates data was submitted late for the month reported.
- Please note that below average or poor data quality submitted late will not be shaded blue.
For assistance regarding your agency’s data compliance scores or the data quality report in general,
contact OEMS support: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Virginia Administrative Code – EMS Regulations require every licensed EMS agency to submit Patient Care Records with the required minimum data set on a schedule established by the Office of EMS (OEMS) as authorized in §32.1-116.1 of the Code of Virginia.
This report will provide each agency with information on their following measures:
- Agency Demographic Information (must be updated every calendar year)
- Agency Data Dictionary Compliance (data submitted matches what is required)
- 6 month Data Quality Scores (agency data submitted contains all required data fields)
If your agency utilizes a third party data vendor, please contact your vendor representative for assistance in submitting compliant data per EMS Regulations.
All agencies must be compliant by summer of 2020. Should your agency’s compliance scores not be acceptable you will be contacted by your Regulation & Compliance Division – Program Representative.