The financial assistance for Emergency Medical Services Grants Program, known as the Rescue Squad Assistance Fund (RSAF) Grant Program is a multi-million dollar grant program for Virginia non-profit EMS agencies and organizations. Items eligible for funding include EMS equipment and vehicles, computers, EMS management programs, courses/classes and projects benefiting the recruitment and retention of EMS members. Click Here to access E-GIFT.
Rescue Squad Assistance Fund (RSAF) – Fall 2020 Grant Cycle
The Fall 2020 Cycle of RSAF is now open for applications. Nonprofit licensed EMS agencies or other Virginia emergency medical service organizations operating on a nonprofit basis exclusively for the benefit of the general public pursuant to § 32.1-111.12 of the Code of Virginia are eligible to apply for an RSAF Grant. Eligible organizations must submit applications and all attachments through E-GIFT.
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, September 15, at 5 p.m. For additional information please read the full grant cycle announcement memo below.
Fall 2020 Technical Assistance Webinar
The Office of EMS will host a technical assistance webinar on August 19, at 1 p.m. to assist applicants with the application process for the Fall 2020 Cycle of RSAF. Please use the information below to register and login to the webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Brought to you by GoToWebinar®
Webinars Made Easy®
- EMS-Grant Information Funding Tool (E-GIFT)
- Financial Assistance Review Committee
- RSAF SCORING CRITERIA
- E-GIFT User Guide for Award Grantees.
- All RSAF grants awarded by OEMS must be registered in Virginia’s eProcurement Portal (eVA) eVA registration information
- Pursuant to the Virginia Emergency Medical Services Regulations 12VAC5-31-2850 Emergency awards. OEMS will accept Emergency Grant Applications at anytime from applicable agencies that have demonstrated a need arising from a natural or man-made disaster as defined in §44-146.16 of the Code of Virginia.
- 2020 Consolidated Grants Product Price List
- General Grant Information
- Special Condition 32 – Instructions for Managing your Vehicles in VPHIB
- VPHIB Questionnaire
- Virginia Department of Fire Programs – Conference and Education Assistance Grant – The purpose of the Conference and Education Assistance Grant Program is to provide needed financial support for training conferences and seminars sponsored by Virginia-based non-profit organizations that further the education of fire and emergency services personnel throughout the Commonwealth. Applications will be received and reviewed annually and shall be postmarked by May 1 each year for the immediately following fiscal year.
- Virginia Grants Portal – This site allows you to navigate through millions of dollars in federal, state, and private funding opportunities that are made available to agencies, organizations and individuals for a variety of critical needs. This is a one-stop resource that compiles and regularly updates these often hard to find opportunities. Virginia Grants also offers important resources for navigating the complex grants-application process.
Phone: (804) 888-9106
Fax: (804) 371-3108
Phone: (804) 888-9105
Fax: (804) 371-3108