The financial assistance for Emergency Medical Services Grants Program, known as the Rescue Squad Assistance Fund (RSAF) Grant Program is a multi-million dollar grant program for Virginia non-profit EMS agencies and organizations. Items eligible for funding include EMS equipment and vehicles, computers, EMS management programs, courses/classes and projects benefiting the recruitment and retention of EMS members. Click Here to access E-GIFT.
Fall 2020 Nasal Naloxone for EMS Agencies (NNEA) Grant Program
The State Health Commissioner declared the National Opioid Crisis a Virginia public health emergency in 2016. Virginia’s Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS) created the Nasal Naloxone for EMS Agencies (NNEA) in-kind grant program to address the public health emergency by providing licensed EMS agencies with access to Naloxone – medication that can reverse the effects of opioid overdose. The goal of NNEA is to prevent drug overdose deaths involving opioids in Virginia by consistently providing no cost Nasal Naloxone to licensed EMS agencies while the Declaration is in effect. Licensed EMS agencies pursuant to VA Code 32.1-111.12 may apply for NNEA through the EMS-Grant Information Funding Tool (E-GIFT). The NNEA application requires verification of applicants’ nonprofit status, federal identification number (FIN), and electronic signatures from the Authorized Agent, Financial Officer, and Operational Medical Director (OMD). Applications are awarded based on the number of reported transport units or ambulances.
The deadline to apply is Friday, January 29, at 5 p.m. For additional information please read the full grant cycle announcement memo below.
- EMS-Grant Information Funding Tool (E-GIFT)
- Financial Assistance Review Committee
- RSAF SCORING CRITERIA
- E-GIFT User Guide for Award Grantees.
- eVA registration information
- Emergency Grant Applications
- Pursuant to the Virginia Emergency Medical Services Regulations 12VAC5-31-2850 Emergency awards. OEMS will accept Emergency Grant applications at anytime from applicable agencies that have demonstrated a need arising from a natural or man-made disaster as defined in §44-146.16 of the Code of Virginia.
- 2020 Consolidated Grants Product Price List
- General Grant Information
- Special Condition 32 – Instructions for Managing your Vehicles in VPHIB
- VPHIB Questionnaire
- Virginia Department of Fire Programs – Conference and Education Assistance Grant
- Virginia Grants Portal
Phone: (804) 888-9106
Fax: (804) 371-3108
Phone: (804) 888-9105
Fax: (804) 371-3108