The Division of Community Health and Technical Resources (CHaTR) is tasked with addressing many of the important topics that the EMS system is facing not only in Virginia, but also across the country, such as:
- Mobile Integrated Healthcare/Community Paramedicine.
- Disease management and preventative health care services.
- Identification of underserved populations and gaps in access to health care.
- Fostering strategic partnerships and collaboration between EMS agencies, health care professionals and communities in order to advance population-based initiatives that will improve health outcomes.
- Technical assistance and subject matter expertise.
- The study and analysis EMS workforce trends, development of recruitment and retention strategies and facilitation of EMS agency resiliency and succession planning.
- EMS agency leadership and management.
The information contained changes frequently, so please check back often.
The Division of Community Health and Technical Resources Contacts:
OEMS Main Line: 804-888-9100