- Compliance Division Process (Updated January 2014)
- Data Quality & Compliance Initiative 12VAC5-31-560-C Memo (December 2019)
- DEA Ruling on Electronic Signatures for Prescribed Drugs (December 15, 2010)
- Designated Infection Control Officer Training Memo (Updated December 31, 2019)
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC) Equivalents (Updated May 2018)
- EMS Providers Working In Hospitals/Clinics (April 1, 2020)
- Guidance Document Regarding Service Animals (August 21, 2019)
- Mandated Reporting of Hunting Accidents (September 25, 2009)
- New Ambulance Safety Standards (June 22, 2016)
- Patient Care Documentation (April 17, 2017)
- Return to Practice Pathway for Impaired Provider (Updated August 24, 2021)
- Special Event Permit Policy
- Vehicle Lettering Memo (June 15, 2021)
Vaccine Administration by Certain EMS Personnel
|Per Code of Virginia 54.1-3408 an EMS provider who holds an Advanced Life Support (AEMT – EMT-I – EMT-P) level certification can administer vaccines with the exception of flu vaccines to minors; which is limited by Code of Virginia to EMT-I or Paramedic only.
The Scope of Practice document will be updated at the next MDC and State Advisory Board meeting to reflect the Code of Virginia changes.
The Code of Virginia prevails over the Scope of Practice document; therefore Advanced EMT’s can administer vaccines in advance of the Scope of Practice document being updated. (with the exception of flu vaccine to minors)
- Antigen Testing Guidance Document for Antigen Testing by EMS Providers (January 28, 2021)
- Immunization Guide for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Personnel in Virginia Advanced EMT’s are now included by Code of Virginia 54.1-3408
- Policy for Vaccine Administration by EMS Providers in Virginia a guide to agencies in the creation of internal vaccination programs. (updated February 2021)
- Procedure for Partnership with Local Health District and EMS Provider a guide to EMS agencies/providers on participating as vaccinators in partnership with the Local Health District. (Updated February 01, 2020)
- Vaccination Toolkit for EMS Medical Directors Advanced EMT’s are now included by Code of Virginia 54.1-3408
EMS Agency Materials & HIPAA
- EMS & HIPAA
- HIPAA Promotes Bidirectional Patient Data Exchange with EMS (Updated June 16, 2021)
- US Government Operated EMS Agencies Exempt from Virginia EMS Regulations (61K) (Updated July 30, 2004)
Enforcement Actions & Complaints
When searching enforcement actions, select the TYPE filter as follows:
When searching for a person, filter by Technicians and Individuals.
When searching for an EMS Agency, filter by Agency and Entity.