- HIPAA Promotes Bidirectional Patient Data Exchange with EMS
- EMS Providers Working In Hospitals/Clinics
- Guidance Document Regarding Service Animals
- Patient Care Documentation (April 17, 2017)
- New Ambulance Safety Standards (June 22, 2016)
- 2020 Data Quality & Compliance Initiative 12VAC5-31-560-C memo (December 2019)
- Designated Infection Control Officer Approved Training Programs (Updated December 31, 2019)
UPDATED APPROVED DESIGNATED INFECTION CONTROL OFFICER REFRESHER TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Coming Soon – Virginia Office of EMS – ACE Division Regional Education Coordinators will be offering OEMS approved DICO Refresher training regionally throughout the Commonwealth. Stay tuned for these training opportunities!
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC) Equivalents (Updated May 2018)
- DEA Ruling on Electronic Signatures for Prescribed Drugs (December 15, 2010)
- Mandated Reporting of Hunting Accidents (September 25, 2009)
Vaccine Administration by Certain EMS Personnel
- Policy for Vaccine Administration by EMS Providers in Virginia –This document was updated February 2021 and is to guide agencies in the creation of internal vaccination programs.
- Procedure for Partnership with Local Health District and EMS Provider This document is to guide EMS agencies/providers on participating as vaccinators in partnership with the Local Health District.
- Antigen Testing Guidance Document for Antigen Testing by EMS Providers
- Immunization Guide for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Personnel in Virginia – Advanced EMT’s are now included by Code of Virginia 54.1-3408
- Vaccination Toolkit for EMS Medical Directors – Advanced EMT’s are now included by Code of Virginia 54.1-3408
- SB 1445/HB2333 COVID-19 Vaccine Administration by EMS Providers
EMS Agency Materials & HIPAA
Enforcement Actions & Complaints