Drug Boxes and Ambulance Supplies
This page includes all information regarding the regional drug boxes and ambulance supply restocking for the Central Shenandaoh EMS Council. Visit this page frequently for updates regarding changes and standards for the drug box program for our region. There are also various downloads available below to aid you in staying up to date with our regions drug box guidelines and regulations.
Download: Regional Drug Box Program Best Practices
The Regional Drug Box Program Best Practices relates to the use of the CSEMS regional drug and IV kits. These best practices serve to provide regional guidance on the acquisition, storage, usage and maintenance of the drug box system. Local pharmacies may issue policies that supersede or supplement these best practices. The success of the regional drug box program is based on the full understanding and support of the system by EMS providers, hospital pharmacists, Operational Medical Directors and emergency department attending physicians.
You can find various downloads that are applicable to the regions drug box program such as drug box layout, medication updates, supply changes, regulations, controlled substances exchange forms, and more!
- Legacy Drug Box Information
- New Combined Drug Box Information
- New Drug Box Layout (Photos)
- New Drug Box Layout (Grid)
- New Drug Box Exchange Card
- Supplies no longer supplied in Drug Boxes
- *These are available as one-for-one exchange in ED, pending arrival of U-CapIT machines
- CSEMS Ambulance Supply Restocking Policy
- Guidance Document For DSCSA Requirements for Transactions with First Responders