EMS Provider Name Change Requests

Address Change Information

Your Virginia EMS Portal is a powerful gateway to the Virginia EMS system. Through the portal you can:

  1. Update your address.
  2. Keep your contact information up to date.
  3. Change your password.
  4. Change your Security question.
  5. Check your CE.
  6. Confirm your recertification eligibility.
  7. Obtain your eligibility to test letter for access to Va. Consolidated Test Sites and National Registry psychomotor examinations.
  8. Initiate affiliating with an EMS Agency.

Request to Change Name

All Virginia certified providers, EMS students and or applicants for certification wishing to change their name with the Office must submit their request via e-mail to Norma Howard (norma.howard@vdh.virginia.gov) with the subject of “Name Change Request”.

The following instructions must be followed when submitting your request.

In order for a name to be changed, a scanned in copy of the following documents must accompany a name change request:

Choose ONE from the following list:

  • Marriage License
  • Divorce Decree issued by a judge
  • Certificate of Naturalization
  • Court Order for an official name change

AND the following:

  • A scanned in copy of an unexpired (current) Virginia drivers license (or other state drivers license for out-of-state providers) which has been updated to reflect your new name.

Alternate Method for Name Change Request

If you do not wish to forward these documents via e-mail, then please fax legible copies to the attention of Norma Howard at 804.371.3409.