Each Regional EMS Council holds a regional awards program and seeks nominees for 12 categories and one scholarship. The nomination process usually opens at the beginning of the year. The Office of EMS and the Regional Councils promote the program and post the deadlines.
Anyone can nominate a person or organization for a regional award. For more information about the regional awards program, please contact your Regional EMS Council by visiting www.vaems.org.
Do you know a provider, organization or program that should be recognized for its excellence, dedication and contribution to Virginia’s Emergency Medical Services (EMS) system? If so, submit a nomination today!
- The 2021 Regional EMS Awards Flyer
- Submit a Regional EMS Awards Nomination Online – Now you can submit your award nomination online! Please consult with your Regional EMS Council to make sure you submit your nomination before their award deadline.
- If you would like to submit a paper form, please click here for downloadable nomination forms.
- Anyone may submit nominations for the Regional EMS Awards.
- Nominations for the Governor’s EMS Awards MUST be submitted through the Regional Awards Program. Failure to do so will render the nomination invalid and it will not be presented to the Governor’s EMS Awards Selection Committee.
- For all categories the nomination may be based on a pattern of conduct/activities that has culminated in an exceptional improvement of the emergency medical services system in the locality, region or state. The nomination may also be based on a single unusual event that was beyond ordinary duty.
- Using the official Nomination Form on the Regional EMS Council webpage, nominations can be submitted electronically or typed on the Nomination Form and mailed to the Regional EMS Council.
- The person making the nomination should have extensive knowledge of the nominee’s qualifications and carefully select the category that most appropriately matches the nominee’s accomplishments.
- The nominee must have current licensure or certification in the category in which he or she has been nominated.
- One letter of recommendation and a maximum of two additional attachments, which can include a resume or CV, newspaper/periodical articles or other materials, may be included with the nomination form. Please note: Only three attachments in total will be accepted.
Don’t send nomination form until you’ve completed this checklist!
- Did you supply all the information required on the nomination form and the type of information that will help judges select the most outstanding nominee?
- Has the nominee met all of the criteria for this award category? If not, please consider another category. Nominees that are incorrectly categorized will not be considered.
- Did you include supporting materials if the category requires them?
- Did you include a high resolution digital photo of the nominee?
- Will you meet the required deadline for entries?
Governor’s EMS Awards
- Only regional winners will be judged at the state level in the Governor’s EMS Awards program.
- The EMS Awards Selection Committee will review the first place winners in each of the 11 Regional EMS Councils competition. Winners selected at the state level will be forwarded with the Committee’s recommendations to the Governor.
- Governor’s award nominees become ineligible to receive the Governor’s EMS Award if they have won in the same category within the last five years.
- If the applicants in an award category fail to meet the required criteria, then the Nomination Committee can omit the selection of a winner for that category. If a nominee is better suited in another award category, the Regional EMS Council is responsible for making that change before submitting it to the Committee.