The financial assistance for Emergency Medical Services Grants Program, known as the Rescue Squad Assistance Fund (RSAF) Grant Program is a multi-million dollar grant program for Virginia non-profit EMS agencies and organizations. Items eligible for funding include EMS equipment and vehicles, computers, EMS management programs, courses/classes and projects benefiting the recruitment and retention of EMS members. Access E-Gift at: Click Here
E-Gift – Quick Links:
- Next Grant Cycle: August 1-September 17, 2018
Application Deadline: September 17, 2018 (deadline has been extended until September 19 at 5 p.m.)
Nasal Naloxone is an eligible item under RSAF for licensed EMS agencies, your agency may request two kits per licensed transport vehicle.
- RSAF SCORING CRITERIA – Please see the update to the RSAF General Grant Information, how to calculate your agency’s score.
- Access E-Gift Here – Click here to access the new E-Gift application
- RSAF Grant Awards (June 2018)
To access your grant information please log in to E-Gift and follow the directions in the E-Gift User Guide for Award Grantees.
- Licensed EMS Agencies – An agency authorized by the OEMS to provide emergency medical services in the state as an EMS agency. Contact your Agency’s Super User to have your E-Gift account created.
- Non-Licensed EMS Agencies – An agency that is not authorized by the OEMS to provide emergency medical services in the state, for example EMS Regional Council, Community College, Sheriff’s Office, 911 Centers, and Volunteer Fire Department. Click on the blue “Click here to Sign up” button on the e-gift log in screen to get started.
- ALL INVOICES and REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION can be uploaded throught the E-Gift system (download the E-Gift User Guide for Award Grantees)
- All RSAF grants awarded by OEMS must now be registered in Virginia’s eProcurement Portal (eVA), in order to receive reimbursement payments through OEMS | OEMS Vendor Instructions (missing)| eVA registration information
- Pursuant to the Virginia Emergency Medical Services Regulations 12VAC5-31-2850 Emergency awards. OEMS will accept Emergency Grant Applications at anytime from applicable agencies that have demonstrated a need arising from a natural or manmade disaster as defined in §44-146.16 of the Code of Virginia.
E-gift User Guides:
- E-Gift Authorized Agent User Guides | Licensed EMS Agencies | Non-Licensed EMS Agencies
- E-Gift Financial Officer User Guides | Licensed EMS Agencies | Non-Licensed EMS Agencies
- E-Gift OMD User Guide
- E-Gift Licensed EMS Agency Super User Guide
- E-Gift User Guide for Award Grantees
For assistance please contact OEMS-AppSupport@vdh.virginia.gov.