The financial assistance for Emergency Medical Services Grants Program, known as the Rescue Squad Assistance Fund (RSAF) Grant Program is a multi-million dollar grant program for Virginia non-profit EMS agencies and organizations. Items eligible for funding include EMS equipment and vehicles, computers, EMS management programs, courses/classes and projects benefiting the recruitment and retention of EMS members. Access E-Gift at: Click Here
Fall 2018 Nasal Naloxone for EMS Agencies Grant Opportunity
Application Deadline: March 29, 2019
Nasal Naloxone for EMS Agencies is a NO COST grant opportunity for licensed EMS agencies to receive Nasal Naloxone between November 26, 2018 and March 29, 2019. All licensed EMS agencies are eligible to apply for Nasal Naloxone regardless of prior funding status. Eligible applicants may apply through E-GIFT to have the Naloxone shipped at NO COST to their agency. Please see the user guides below to navigate E-GIFT and apply for this grant opportunity. Naloxone awarded through this grant program is to be administered by licensed EMS providers. Nasal Naloxone is an eligible item under RSAF for licensed EMS agencies, your agency may request two kits per licensed transport vehicle.
- Nasal Naloxone for EMS Agencies (NNEA) – Fall 2018 Cycle – Announcement
- E-Gift User Guide for Licensed EMS Agencies
- E-Gift Financial Officer User Guide
- E-Gift Operational Medical Director (OMD) User Guide
E-Gift – Quick Links:
- EMS-Grant Information Funding Tool (E-Gift)
- Financial Assistance Review Committee
- General Grant Information
- RSAF SCORING CRITERIA – Please see the update to the RSAF General Grant Information, how to calculate your agency’s score.
- Access E-Gift Here – Click here to access the new E-Gift application
- RSAF Grant Awards (June 2018)
To access your grant information please log in to E-Gift and follow the directions in the E-Gift User Guide for Award Grantees.
- Licensed EMS Agencies – An agency authorized by the OEMS to provide emergency medical services in the state as an EMS agency. Contact your Agency’s Super User to have your E-Gift account created.
- Non-Licensed EMS Agencies – An agency that is not authorized by the OEMS to provide emergency medical services in the state, for example EMS Regional Council, Community College, Sheriff’s Office, 911 Centers, and Volunteer Fire Department. Click on the blue “Click here to Sign up” button on the e-gift log in screen to get started.
- ALL INVOICES and REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION can be uploaded throught the E-Gift system (download the E-Gift User Guide for Award Grantees)
- All RSAF grants awarded by OEMS must now be registered in Virginia’s eProcurement Portal (eVA), in order to receive reimbursement payments through OEMS | OEMS Vendor Instructions (missing)| eVA registration information
- Pursuant to the Virginia Emergency Medical Services Regulations 12VAC5-31-2850 Emergency awards. OEMS will accept Emergency Grant Applications at anytime from applicable agencies that have demonstrated a need arising from a natural or manmade disaster as defined in §44-146.16 of the Code of Virginia.
E-gift User Guides:
- E-Gift Authorized Agent User Guides | Licensed EMS Agencies | Non-Licensed EMS Agencies
- E-Gift Financial Officer User Guides | Licensed EMS Agencies | Non-Licensed EMS Agencies
- E-Gift OMD User Guide
- E-Gift Licensed EMS Agency Super User Guide
- E-Gift User Guide for Award Grantees
For assistance please contact OEMS-AppSupport@vdh.virginia.gov.