The financial assistance for Emergency Medical Services Grants Program, known as the Rescue Squad Assistance Fund (RSAF) Grant Program is a multi-million dollar grant program for Virginia non-profit EMS agencies and organizations. Items eligible for funding include EMS equipment and vehicles, computers, EMS management programs, courses/classes and projects benefiting the recruitment and retention of EMS members. Access E-Gift at:
12VAC5-31-2860, EMS System Initiative Awards – FUNDING GRANT OPPORTUNITY Open April 4, 2017 through April 25, 2017 (deadline)
The Virginia Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS) is announcing a NO MATCH grant funding opportunity that is available to reimburse non-profit EMS agencies for enrollment costs for initial EMS certification programs. The funding is for programs that start on or after January 1, 2017, and before June 30, 2017, and is based on the OEMS pricing structure, application due by April 25, 2017. Apply for this special initiative grant at: https://vdhems.vdh.virginia.gov/emsapps/emergencyegiftapp.html. For classes and pricing, please refer to the Memorandum of Agreement.
- OEMS Special Initiative Grant Announcement
- OEMS Special Initiative Grant Memorandum of Agreement
- Special Initiative Grant User Guide – Licensed EMS Agencies
- Special Initiative Grant User Guide – Non-Licensed EMS Agencies
- Special Initiative Grant User Guide – Superuser Guide
- Special Initiative Grant User Guide – Financial Officer
- Special Initiative Grant User Guide – Operational Medical Director
E-Gift – Quick Links:
- Next Grant Cycle: February 1 – March 15, 2017
Application Deadline: March 15, 2017 by 5:00 pm
Note: All Applications MUST be submitted via the new E-Gift Application.
- RSAF SCORING CRITERIA – This scoring criteria will be implemented during the Spring 2017 (06/17) RSAF grant cycle, please see the update to the RSAF General Grant Information.
- Access E-Gift Here – Click here to access the new E-Gift application
- RSAF Grant Awards (January 1, 2017)
To access your grant information please log in to E-Gift and follow the directions in the E-Gift User Guide for Award Grantees.
- Licensed EMS Agencies – An agency authorized by the OEMS to provide emergency medical services in the state as an EMS agency. Contact your Agency’s Super User to have your E-Gift account created.
- Non-Licensed EMS Agencies – An agency that is not authorized by the OEMS to provide emergency medical services in the state, for example EMS Regional Council, Community College, Sheriff’s Office, 911 Centers, and Volunteer Fire Department. Click on the blue “Click here to Sign up” button on the e-gift log in screen to get started.
- ALL INVOICES and REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION can be uploaded throught the E-Gift system (download the E-Gift User Guide for Award Grantees)
- All RSAF grants awarded by OEMS must now be registered in Virginia’s eProcurement Portal (eVA), in order to receive reimbursement payments through OEMS | OEMS Vendor Instructions (missing)| eVA registration information
- Pursuant to the Virginia Emergency Medical Services Regulations 12VAC5-31-2850 Emergency awards. OEMS will accept Emergency Grant Applications at anytime from applicable agencies that have demonstrated a need arising from a natural or manmade disaster as defined in §44-146.16 of the Code of Virginia.
E-gift User Guides:
- E-Gift Authorized Agent User Guides | Licensed EMS Agencies | Non-Licensed EMS Agencies
- E-Gift Financial Officer User Guides | Licensed EMS Agencies | Non-Licensed EMS Agencies
- E-Gift OMD User Guide
- E-Gift Licensed EMS Agency Super User Guide
- E-Gift User Guide for Award Grantees
For assistance please contact OEMS-AppSupport@vdh.virginia.gov.